Thread: FAS 604 Breaking For Spares

FAS 604 Breaking For Spares

I have a FAS 604, Seals are gone and has Crack in top frame, Was gonna repair but now clearing my cabinet,

Just wondering if there is any interest in the parts as may break for spare's either complete or individually,

Has Medium R/H grip (Fixed Palm Shelf) All parts available but does not hold air
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Hi Nige,

Have you got photos of the gun, and particularly the crack in the frame?
    I've got a couple of these pistols and know a few people who might be interested in parts.

Cheers,

Mick

will post some tomorrow, Top frame has been stripped of finish, It has 2 small cracks just where it locks down,(common problem) the cracks have been V'd out ready for tig welding, Easily repairable if you know a decent tig welder, would be happy to part with as is for spares/repair

Quote Originally Posted by micken View Post
    Hi Nige,

Have you got photos of the gun, and particularly the crack in the frame?
    I've got a couple of these pistols and know a few people who might be interested in parts.

Cheers,

Mick
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Cheers, I'll have a look tomorrow.

Mick

Hi Mick,

Do you have the rear sight assembly I can buy from you please?
    Last edited by zooma; 01-04-2014 at 09:54 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Ok, I'm a bit concerned about breaking forum rules here so can someone confirm how best to offer this as parts as it will take forever to list and price all individual items
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

Hi Bob,

You've got hold of the wrong end of the stick here. Nige is selling the bits and my sight should be on it's way back from Graham.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Bob,

You've got hold of the wrong end of the stick here. Nige is selling the bits and my sight should be on it's way back from Graham.

Cheers,

Mick

Sorry Mick - sorry Nige

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Sorry Mick - sorry Nige
    Never mind, I know what it's like when you're coming up to retirement.

Never mind, I know what it's like when you're coming up to retirement.
    Its alright for you young whippersnappers ........but your time will come and when it does you will understand why you need to keep a good sense of humour.

Walking upstairs to fetch something from a room and when you arrive you will sometimes have no idea why you went.

Forever looking for glasses......only to find you are wearing them !

Anyone else that is also enjoying this prime part of their life may like to contribute a few more examples - I have lots of them - but I seem to have forgotten what they are again

Its alright for you young whippersnappers ........but your time will come and when it does you will understand why you need to keep a good sense of humour.

Walking upstairs to fetch something from a room and when you arrive you will sometimes have no idea why you went.

Anyone else that is also enjoying this prime part of their life may like to contribute a few more examples - I have lots of them - but I seem to have forgotten what they are again
    Live long and prosper, may the force be with you and enable you to piss and shoot straight for eternity.

.... a bit cliched, but fun.

Hell, I'm like that at 45, I'm sure my car keys take a walk during the niight cos they're never were I left em by the following morning
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

Hi Bob,

..... my sight should be on it's way back from Graham.

Cheers,

Mick
    The rear sight that Graham was making to replace the damaged one on my 604 unfortunately did not fit, but luckily he had an old one that had been repaired with a weld and he has let me use that one for the time being.

The sight is an older type with the narrow rear sight blade, it works well and I am very pleased to be able to use it, but I have a later mk2 604 so I am still hoping to find a correct size and type of rear sight with the wider rear blade (at a reasonable price) if possible.

But any 604 rear sight would be good as they all fit and work the same.