Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gentlemen's Corner to close ?

Since this thread is morphing into something more serious... I will just point out that forums are only as good as the people who post on them and if the BBS inexplicably shut down this section (why would they?), there are plenty of other forums in the sea, as it were. The BBS collectables section is the best because it was one of the first (in the UK, that is) and has very good, hands-off moderators.

If a new breed of rowdy, young collector (the 'Meteor mob', the 'young Feinwerks'?) should emerge at some point, the mods might have to become more involved.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I doubt that anyone would ever consider closing the collectable section Danny.

The truth of the matter is that there are more posts per day on this section than some of the other forums get in their main Airgun section per day --- some per week.

The fact that collectors from around the World drop in on the BBS collectables section speaks volumes for it's contributors.

All the best Mick

PS:- It's very easy to moderate as well, especially after lunch when your all having a little nap.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I doubt that anyone would ever consider closing the collectable section Danny.

The truth of the matter is that there are more posts per day on this section than some of the other forums get in their main Airgun section per day --- some per week.

The fact that collectors from around the World drop in on the BBS collectables section speaks volumes for it's contributors.

All the best Mick

PS:- It's very easy to moderate as well, especially after lunch when your all having a little nap.
    Indeed, Mick. Whereas on other collectables forums you get requests for which reference book to read to get an answer to a question, on here you're likely to get an answer from the authors themselves.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Look out.
    New Mod about!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Look out.
    New Mod about!

Don't worry, Mr Gingernut

I'm very discreet, and I'll do my best not to disturb anyone while you're all watching "Last Of The Summer Wine" later as your Sunday treat.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Indeed, Mick. Whereas on other collectables forums you get requests for which reference book to read to get an answer to a question, on here you're likely to get an answer from the authors themselves.
    Not just the authors Danny.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-rifle-vs-2000

All the best Mick

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    "Old Airgunners never die, they simply "lessen their Load" !

Long Live "Kollektors Korner" !
    “An airgun or two”………

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Don't worry, Mr Gingernut

I'm very discreet, and I'll do my best not to disturb anyone while you're all watching "Last Of The Summer Wine" later as your Sunday treat.

All the best Mick
    Last of the Summer Wine eh Mick, hope its from the first series I thought Blamire was great.

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Last of the Summer Wine eh Mick, hope its from the first series I thought Blamire was great.

Chippendale (with clothes on)
    Hi Mel

Michael Bates was also brilliant as Rangi Ram in It Ain't Half Hot Mum.

All the best Mick

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Hi Mel

Michael Bates was also brilliant as Rangi Ram in It Ain't Half Hot Mum.

All the best Mick
    Agree, his was always the last character to end the show with an 'Old Indian proverb' i.e. "I will leave you with this old Indian proverb, If you see two eyes in the jungle at night, it is not necessarily a tiger, it could be two one eyed tigers walking side by side". (curtesy of Google)

It was a very funny and entertaining show, apparently it is not repeated because of the way the natives in it were sometimes treated. This chuffing race thing gets every where.
    see you in June.
    Cheers
    Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Agree, his was always the last character to end the show with an 'Old Indian proverb' i.e. "I will leave you with this old Indian proverb, If you see two eyes in the jungle at night, it is not necessarily a tiger, it could be two one eyed tigers walking side by side". (curtesy of Google)

It was a very funny and entertaining show, apparently it is not repeated because of the way the natives in it were sometimes treated. This chuffing race thing gets every where.
    see you in June.
    Cheers
    Mel
    During my time in off-road racing our club was blessed with a photographer who undertook commissions for magazines to furnish them with articles about anything from WRC to Landrover trials. On one occasion he wrote a rather pisstaking account of a rally in India which led to threats of fatwas - but only from this country! The Indians in India apparently loved it.

Go figure! Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .