Thread: shooting in Newcastle upon Tyne or within 30miles

shooting in Newcastle upon Tyne or within 30miles

Hi I am wanting to buy a muli shot rifle I have around 600 to spend but before I do I am wanting to know if anyone knows a good range to practice. I have looked online and a place in Dinnington steve smith sounds good has anyone been? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robert watson View Post
    Hi I am wanting to buy a muli shot rifle I have around 600 to spend but before I do I am wanting to know if anyone knows a good range to practice. I have looked online and a place in Dinnington steve smith sounds good has anyone been? Thanks

Hello Robert,

Dinnington has a good Plinking range which you can use all day for £5 excellent value, gets really busy on Fridays and the weekend. There is another range at Swarland owned by Stuart (stealthhunter) who is really keen, built a great range and will soon have a 10m indoor range. If you want a little competition you should have a look at Thorndell nr Bishop Middleton Durham very difficult to get membership they are very careful who they allow to become members but keep trying its worth it.

PS have a good look around at the type of rifles people are using first and the type of shooting you want to do, you cannot spend it twice.

Hope this helps

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy

Woodview Target Centre

I can recommend the range at Woodview Target Centre near Hartlepool, they have a 90yd outdoor range with covered firing positions and a shop on site which carries all the gear you will ever need and more....

Visitors rates are £7 for the day which is often waivered if you make a substantial purchase, Membership is £65 for the year and then £3 range fee when you shoot.

Woodview Farm
    Cole Lane, Elwick
    Hartlepool
    TS27 3HD

Regards

Paul

Thanks for that guys I bite the bullet so to speak and bought a bsa scorpion se tactical and £6 to fill it up ps its very loud. Am going up steve smiths through week and also will try swarlands. What do you think about rifle I got then? I did want r10 but out of my price range thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by robert watson View Post
    Thanks for that guys I bite the bullet so to speak and bought a bsa scorpion se tactical and £6 to fill it up ps its very loud. Am going up steve smiths through week and also will try swarlands. What do you think about rifle I got then? I did want r10 but out of my price range thanks again

Best of luck at Steve Smiths am sure you will enjoy, there are generally some old hands about so don't forget to chat to people and ask advice.

Regards