Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stolen air gun register

Great idea. Plus, can always share with the forums/Owners Clubs of the various makes.
    As an Admin on two airgunning forums, I fully support the sharing of info on this sort of thread. So, please Admin, if this goes ahead, please let it be 'Open for all to view'.

Admin - how many votes do we need for this to come under serious consideration as an additional Sub Forum / poster board ?
    Matou: The Braughing Banger

Anything ever happen with this? Theres a pcp (falcon) on a Facebook page just now and the seller hardly even knows what caliber it is.. he looking for offers.. definitely a dodgy history..

Or he's not into shooting himself but has been given it by a technophobic relative to sell on their behalf?

how would you go about security if your rifle gets stolen, would it be worth while taking photos of the serial and gun with signed piece of paper sent recorded and dated to your own address. incase this does happen to you after all if you know its yours and you havent got a reciept for it how could you proove it was yours in court
    ....Falcon FN12....MK1 TX200....

I like the idea, but it is potentially open to mistakes/abuse.

For example, someone could sell a rifle, then sometime later (after it had changed hands a few times) claim it was stolen. They may well have been burgled but still had the details of this particular rifle (amongst many others) in their records.

I keep records of all the guns i own and have owned including information about the spring, shot strings, dates, distinguishing marks and features etc.. basically every scrap of information available.
    I do this for a few reasons.. firstly its a total geeky habit! Secondly if my guns are ever taken by the police for some reason i have some evidence in my favour and thirdly in case theyre stolen for insurance and recovery purposes.

The reason i posted earlier is that i frequent the facebook pages regularly and this ad just stuck out as odd.. the way i see it is if it is stolen i might be able to help someone get it back.. this particular gun had very distinguishing stock markings and it was a cracking looking thing.. it looked a bit high end for someone to pop onto facebook to get rid..

Anyway if anyone is missing a Falcon. . Get in touch