Thread: Original mod66

Original mod66

Anyone know what the inset screw is for on the underside of the stock at the front of a original/ Diana mod 66. It currently seems to bear on the cocking arm and has removed paint and is wearing the metal. Is this normal ? How shoulod it be ? Anyone know ? Andy.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Its supposed to bear on the link, its to stop the link turning out. I'm sure an Original anorak will come on to tell us the correct setting but when we had them new when God was a boy and on the ones we have now for our Junior team I just get a happy ballance between being too tight and keeping the link actuating, a smear of grease helps as well. If they are too loose you get a loud crack when the link goes over centre.
    Good Shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thanks Robin, i haven,t tried to adjust it so as there is no "crack" on cocking i guess it must be ok. I.ll lube it anyway. Was God a boy in 1977 ?