Thread: Government Petition to bring back .22RF pistols

Government Petition to bring back .22RF pistols

Morning Everybody,

Just wanted to say if you have an FAC or are considering one in the future then you should seriously think about signing this epetition:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/62588

I don't know if this petition has been raised on this forum before since I am new, but I thought i'd post it up anyway (Sorry if im repeating someone else's post).

The petition needs 100,000 signatures and the issue will be debated over in the House of Commons. The petition in itself proposes the return of .22 Cal Rimfire pistols to be owned and used for competitive sporting purposes in England, Wales and Scotland.

Lastly, i'd just like to introduce myself, I am a keen shooter of black powder shotgun and pistol, along with .22 rifles. Been shooting for many years starting off with my trusty old BSA Mercury.

Many Thanks,

Tom

Its been raised a few times on here already.

Welcome to the BBS.

Signed.

Signed and now at 13000

And here is the response. No changes

Needs to hit 100,000 for the next stage.

The e-petition 'Allow the ownership and use of .22 calibre Rimfire pistols for sporting purposes in England, Wales and Scotland.' signed by you recently reached 13,076 signatures and a response has been made to it.
    As this e-petition has received more than 10 000 signatures, the relevant Government department have provided the following response: The Government continues to monitor all aspects of the current controls on firearms. There are, however, no plans to re-categorise any weapons within the Firearms Acts or to repeal any of the existing bans. The Government recognises that people who compete at international level in any sport need to train on a regular and intensive basis. The special arrangements that permitted British pistol squad members to have to access to secure facilities in the UK to enable them to carry out their training in advance of the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games in London will continue for squad members in preparation for the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and the 2016 Olympic and Paralympics Games in Rio. This e-petition remains open to signatures and will be considered for debate by the Backbench Business Committee should it pass the 100 000 signature threshold.

And even then it "will be considered for debate"

Unfortunately, this whole web petition system is just to give the pretence that they are listening to us. I would love to find out how many petitions got to the 100,000 stage and how many of those were actually given any real time to be discussed.

I bet it is something damn close to 0%

Signed, if all shooters sign this it makes a statement, it shows that there is public support for shooting in the UK...... And if we all vote UKIP.....
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

Signed and at 13649, still a way to go.