Thread: LP10 v LP10E

LP10 v LP10E

While I know it's a personal choice, has anyone gone from an LP10 to an LP10E and regretted it.

I have the opportunity to 'upgrade' to a 10E so just wondering people's thoughts

Cheers

Mark

My guns are just for fun, no competitions yet,,,, but I hear that my Mk4 Daystate rifle can be used in comps with the electronic trigger set as light as you like, and I like it light. Warming to the point now, I hear that the LP10E has to be set to a trigger pull weight same as the non electric one, which for me would lessen the benefit of the electronic trigger, not being able to set it for super light pull. Also the E version has a different grip from the popular non electric pistol, and consequently fewer secondhand grips are available, whereas the LP10 grips are also interchangeable with the LP50. Your favourite LP10 grip will not fit your LP10E
    Pick up your gun, shove a bullet up the spout
    It's the Major Dennis Bloodnok Rock'n' Roll Call Tango

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    If you want to change to an electronic trigger,I would look out for a Morini,the LP10e did have some reliability issues,and I'm sure I read somewhere that Steyr have now discontinued them.

Neale
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

e triggers

the LP50e is I gather off the books as a number have on occasion double tapped
    Hasnt Zooma advertised his LP10e on this site? its not everyone's cuppa,
    another shooting colleague is also going back to mechanical
    I borrowed a LP10e and have dry fired one,they are different but just because they win Golds at the Olympics doesn't mean they they are any better for you personally.
    Tom Redhead the National coach has a preference for the Morini'e', but I am not aware if there any faults with the 10e,its Steyrs flagship pistol
    Last edited by craig9mm; 03-04-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    If you want to change to an electronic trigger,I would look out for a Morini,the LP10e did have some reliability issues,and I'm sure I read somewhere that Steyr have now discontinued them.

Neale
    Hi Neale,

I think you may be referring to the electronic trigger version of the LP50E multi-shot pistol. This has been discontinued as the multi-shot action when coupled with an electronic trigger has caused some safety concerns.

The single shot LP10E is very much alive and kicking at the top of the Steyr range.
    Last edited by zooma; 04-04-2014 at 07:07 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by markwarren View Post
    While I know it's a personal choice, has anyone gone from an LP10 to an LP10E and regretted it.

I have the opportunity to 'upgrade' to a 10E so just wondering people's thoughts

Cheers

Mark
    I bought a new silver LP10E from Checkmate Guns, but I have seldom used it.

The pistol looks superb ( in my eyes) and it works flawlessly but some pistols suite some people better than others and as I get older ( retirement later this year) the need for a precision hole puncher is not as important to me as I thought it was going to be when I lashed out the cash that I had gained by selling some other airguns that I had collected over the years.

On a good day when the shakes are under control I have hit some very impressive single ragged hole targets, but most often the pistol is wasted on me as the shakes destroy the pistols ability to impress.

I have also owned a Morini 162E and I rate them both the same as each other but each has their own advantages and I can well understand the support each of them has from their owners. Both pistols are sat the top of the competition match pistol "tree of choice" and both are used by the worlds best competition shooters worldwide who demand the absolute repeatability and "feel" that the electronic trigger provides.

The improved Spanish grip of the LP10E is also an asset over the older LP10 Morini made design that does not work as well for me as the earlier LP1 Morini grip - but all of theses comments go back to personal choice - and at the end of the day that is what it is all about.

The LP10E is a superb match air pistol that is the next generation pistol that followed the LP10 and for those that it suites it does have some advantages for the serious match shooter over its older mechanical trigger equipted brother.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

LP10e

Mark - 3 short articles at http://toz35.blogspot.co.uk/2010_07_01_archive.html - may be of interest - Tony

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hi Neale,

I think you may be referring to the electronic trigger version of the LP50E multi-shot pistol. This has been discontinued as the multi-shot action when coupled with an electronic trigger has caused some safety concerns.

The single shot LP10E is very much alive and kicking at the top of the Steyr range.
    Hi Bob,
    The Steyr LP50E five shot has never had a safety issue, the early reported trigger problems was difficult to make it occur and were caused by 99.9% shooter technique errors, and were blown out of all proportion by website "experts". It was only on the first very early few, Steyr altered those and on all after those built in a fail safe to make it impossible to do.
    They were discontinued as the ISSF dropped the five shot air event, only in the UK do we have to shoot the .22RF pistol events with air at 25 mts or proportional at 10 mts, every where else they are allowed .22 RF pistols so the market was not there.
    The electronic trigger is better because there is no weight release when the sear breaks.
    Good Shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

The Steyr LP50e was scrapped due to reliability issues, its as simple as that, trying to get the trigger to re-engage after a shot caused too many problems and Steyr scrapped the project.

The early LP10e's had a few problems, these problems seemed due to wiring being squashed and damaged due to the grip adjustment. Ive not heard of any such problems for a while.

Trigger choice is personal preference, I love electronic triggers and I think that they break very crisply, others feel detached from the shot process and can't get used to not having a trigger stop- electronic triggers don't require a stop-

There are more and more shooters at national comps using LP10e's, although the TENS guys are using Morinis on the most part.

The bottom line is that it is personal preference, try all, choose one and stick with it!!
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

The early LP10e's had a few problems, these problems seemed due to wiring being squashed and damaged due to the grip adjustment. Ive not heard of any such problems for a while.
    That is still a problem if the grip is taken off frequently for modification. Care has to be taken not to pull the wires out of the connector. I had 2 replacement circuit boards on mine.
    Evo 10 Compact.