Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lloyd should write for the comics

Terry,
    Don't you agree that the manufacturers would only send you a hand tuned and pre-tested rifle as opposed to something they've just pulled off the shelf?
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Just an after thought, perhaps BAR could send you the rifle they have for your appraisal...???
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Quote Originally Posted by Davestate
    Just an after thought, perhaps BAR could send you the rifle they have for your appraisal...???
    Sounds like a good idea to me.
    ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Terry,
    Don't you agree that the manufacturers would only send you a hand tuned and pre-tested rifle as opposed to something they've just pulled off the shelf?
    That's entirely possible, mate - but do you think they'd put a different stock on it - the stock on the rifle I've got isn't hollow - and 're-tune' the balance as well?

All I can do is test what I have, and the Brocock Hunter I've got is a seriously good shout for £260, I promise you that.

michaeladkins Guest
    I think that this is one of the best ideas i have heard in ages, Nice one Dave

If the BAR rifle is what's going to be sold to the public, then I'm perfectly happy to review it.

As the stock on the one I've got is different to the BAR model, some details obviously need to be clarified.

For the record, Brocock, like most airgun manufacturers, send me (they do the same with other testers, too, of course) rifles on a 'pre-release assessment' basis. I give my opinion and usually the faults found are rectified. The rifle is then re-submitted, re-assessed, re-modified, and so on, until the production version emerges. I then test the production version.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D
    I give my opinion and usually the faults found are rectified. The rifle is then re-submitted, re-assessed, re-modified, and so on, until the production version emerges. I then test the production version.
    At least that now explains why they never get a duff review in the Romsey mags ...they really ARE as good as the reviews say!
    After all that is said and done - More is said, than done!

Interesting comments. As i trust Terry to be objective, it leads me to believe the production gun we received and the pre-production one Terry has are different , or at least that's the only explanation i can come up with apart from we have a duff one.
    If anyone wants to view the rifle we have, you're welcome to pop into the shop as it wont go back to Brocock until i get back in 10 days. Perfectly happy to send the gun to Terry as well.
    This is my last post now before i leave, im sure we can get to the bottom of it and will look forward to finding out what is so different with the guns.
    Just another point, all five staff took a look at the gun and fired it , the comments were all pretty negative , so i don't think its just me , and we can all appreciate the cost of the gun when we are taking into consideration its performance. We also cannot confirm the stock is hollow without slicing it up, but it sounds hollow, cheap and nasty wen you tap it
    The main thing though , its not a patch on the S200, even if they sort the horrible trigger out, the balance and finish of the stock i can't imagine it's going to make a dent in its sales.

Terry
    Give Simon a ring at the shop if you want the gun to look at, Im sure between us we will work out why this has happened.

ATB

Lloyd

sniper22 Guest
    i just had a look at it and its not very good to say the least. feels cheap and nasty, rough to cock and just when the rest of the industry is putting 1/2" unf threads on their barrels, brocock have a small twee little affair to hang a silencer onto.
    sorry but im not going to be looking at buying one. all that is left now is a top score in the mags and away we go.