Thread: Short term "Field " review of the Armasight Drone Pro 10x

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    8omm lens illuminator, George, sounds interesting....

Sound Review

I must agree with everything that has been said, as a Drone Pro user its an unbiased review, well done.
    Will

Nice one Dave.

Still getting to grips with mine now the new mod for the .17Rem has arrived but I did get a geld vixen with it that the first night out at 125m...... that didn't like the T20's IR one little bit though!?

Good stuff!

Fizz
    http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com...... you know it makes sense!

Add on v Dedicated night vision

Just a bit more general information to help people with their n/v choice's.

IMO if someone is wanting to use n/v on more than one rifle, there better off going for an add on n/v, as it allows you to swop from one rifle to another without altering zero, and will still give better day light performance, but there is always a compromise, this is head position on the stock, and a reduced field of view in the dark and more focus fussy(when compared with a dedicated).
    Top tubed add on's are around the pvs14's and Envis,s, but digital add on's are getting better, and ive seen an home build thats shootable to over 200 yds.

Drone Pro v pvs14 pinni/mamba-lite for foxing

Drone's the winner, better fov, better picture, no need for any focus or illumination adjustment needed, just turn on, and shoot

Drone v top end tubed

If your willing to tie up one rifle, mainly for night time shooting, the Drone really i a hard act to beat, if your foxing, and the fox appears before its totally dark, its no problem with the drone (or any of the digital) but with tubed dedicated you carnt use it.
    With the drone being designed to be 10 mag, you have more magnification than you have with tubed (6x) and although a lot of the lads have no problems using 6 or even 4 mag dedicated on longish range fox, i dont think it as good as having a GOOD 10 mag system.

I dont doubt that top end tubed dedicated give.s the best n/v picture, but most of these's come with no warranty, (because of where they come from ???) they can be damaged by light, lasers, muzzle flash, and recoil, and price's second hand tend to be £2,000+, its a lot of money, and a lot of risk, when the drone pro is as good as it is.

Hope some of my n/v experience is of help to others.

Dave (warbucks)
    Theoben Rapid MK1 177
    AA S410 22
    Bushnall Scout Range Finder
    Hawk 3 x 9 x 40 m.a.p scopes
    Deben mini pro lamping system

Good review. I'm tempted to sell my 14 and put one on the 223. Was impressed after looking through 1
    Atb Steve

nice review Dave

Great review Dave , not bad for a Yorkiebar!!!!!
    joking aside glad we got you converted !!!!
    atb brian