Thread: HERCO Powder for MLR

Thumbs up HERCO Powder for MLR

Hi,

Anyone know where I can get some Aliant Herco powder from ? Ive tried everywhere I know in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire and even into Yorkshire. I don't mind a bit of a day out to get it but closer the better.

Cheers.

The last lot I bought was from Norman Clark in Rugby.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Alliant Blue Dot is a suitable alternative - What gun have you got ?

I have an Anvil Conversions 1858 .44 cal and it shoots ok with Blue Dot instead of Herco.
    I also have a Westlake .357 Alfa where up to 5.3gr of Blue Dot is approved, though I've not had time to test more than a handflul of rounds as I only got this one on Saturday. So far tested a dozen rounds with 4gr of Blue Dot as a starting load and it fired OK but sounded a bit anemic compared to the Anvil Conversions which uses 5.3gr.

Any loads stated work in MY gun not yours - use your own judgement and follow the gun manufacturer's recommendations when working up a load.

All my local dealers are out of Herco. (Yorkshire) Plenty of Blue Dot around though ...

Cheers !
    Paul M.
    NSRA and NRA qualified RCO.