Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gathering information on a new rifle - as you do! Theoben Sirocco 1987

Gathering information on a new rifle - as you do! Theoben Sirocco 1987

Hi folks... Im looking for any information you guys may have on a rifle Ill be picking up on Sunday

So far from the serial TB4134 Ive found out it was produced March 1987.
    It looks to have walnut stock, adjustable buttplate, and fixed scope mounts, the safety is the (anti bear trap?) pulldown model in front of the trigger which I believe makes this a sirocco classic?
    Condition from pics and description is cosmetically 5/10..pitting, wear to bluing, dings and dents on stock, but Im assured it fires and is very accurate - it is a .22 - Im paying £100 for this with a gunslip and an unidentified scope... I reckon this is a pretty good price.

On another thread someone mentioned that post TB4000 models are HE Gas rams - can anyone confirm this?

At this stage I normally search for exploded diagrams, user manuals, parts lists, any kind of instructabkes, stripdown guides etc.. and stick them all in a folder - but Im turning up nowt.. Ive emailed Theoben USA in the hope they have records of some kind, but Im not holding out...

any help would be much appreciated.. thanks
    Donald

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Hi folks... Im looking for any information you guys may have on a rifle Ill be picking up on Sunday

So far from the serial TB4134 Ive found out it was produced March 1987.
    It looks to have walnut stock, adjustable buttplate, and fixed scope mounts, the safety is the (anti bear trap?) pulldown model in front of the trigger which I believe makes this a sirocco classic?
    Condition from pics and description is cosmetically 5/10..pitting, wear to bluing, dings and dents on stock, but Im assured it fires and is very accurate - it is a .22 - Im paying £100 for this with a gunslip and an unidentified scope... I reckon this is a pretty good price.

On another thread someone mentioned that post TB4000 models are HE Gas rams - can anyone confirm this?

At this stage I normally search for exploded diagrams, user manuals, parts lists, any kind of instructabkes, stripdown guides etc.. and stick them all in a folder - but Im turning up nowt.. Ive emailed Theoben USA in the hope they have records of some kind, but Im not holding out...

any help would be much appreciated.. thanks
    Jammy flaming git.

I thought my pre HE at £160 as a sweet deal, the scope may be part of a Deluxe (oh yes there was) package!

Ha ha.. I know.. ive not quite achieved johnbaz jamminess yet but my last 2 have been no bad!
    Donald

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I'll buy it off you for £110

I think I have a .177 barrel to suit - if you are interested measure the width of your breach block with a caliper and let me know - the very early ones were different from the fairly early ones...

ATB - JB

Will do john.. thanks mate...

Ive been scouring tinterweb and turning up blanks on manuals and diagrams... also I cant find how to tell if its he or pre he...?
    Donald

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

Ive been scouring tinterweb and turning up blanks on manuals and diagrams... also I cant find how to tell if its he or pre he...?
    If it's HE, it should say so on top of the breech block? Post a pic of the writing on the top of the block.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Ha ha.. ive not even picked it up yet mate. .. im riding on a pre purchase high right now... pick it up sunday then straight to the club to play with it! Oh.. I dont know the barrel dia? Any suggestions on favoured .22 pellets?
    Donald

secretagentmole Guest
    Crosman Premier Ultra Magnum work well in my 1986 Sirocco deluxe. They are a beautiful gun to fire, not a lot of recoil!

In .22, mine worked well with JSB 16 grains, and H&N FTTs.

I have something someplace... when I find it I'll email you. Has yours got the safety in front of the trigger guard as a button, or no safety at all ?
    (the later ones have safety inside the trigger guard). Lots of variations, esp around the triggers. To be honest they are very easy to work on though.

yep, safety pul/push button in front of trigger... I know what you mean about variation.. trying to nail the exact model is proving dificult - Im off in search of a theoben forum!
    Donald

Mr Mole - in my scouring of the web, I reliably have it that you have, secreted away somewhere on your hard drive, a pdf stripdown guide(for the rifle) ? May i have a copy electronically sent to me please? cheers pal... thisisdonald@gmail.com
    Donald

I've got one in .177 mines 1988 they are called sirocco classic you don't
    See many about.they also made a gp one with a match trigger with th stock
    and a shorter stroke I had one but like an idiot I sold it and they aren't HE.
    Cheers Ray
    Last edited by transporter; 03-04-2014 at 09:39 PM.

superb, thanks for the info Ray.

Im now looking at service kits - if anyone has oring measurements that would be great.
    Donald

Put it over a chrono first and see what it does mines never been stripped