Thread: Where can I get the new wheiraucht piston seal

Where can I get the new wheiraucht piston seal

I have been very interested in the posts concerning using the new hw piston seal in the tx 200, I would like to know where I can get one and what they are called, Thanks. Oh and how much money are they.

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    I have been very interested in the posts concerning using the new hw piston seal in the tx 200, I would like to know where I can get one and what they are called, Thanks. Oh and how much money are they.
    John Knibbs is probably the nearest supplier to you.

You need to ask for a 25mm Weihrauch HW77 piston seal, best to measure what you get as his grandson served me last time and when I got home I found he'd given me a 26mm seal.

I take it you know that the weihrauch seal will need an adaptor to fit the TXPiston ?

Think they're about £11.

Edit:-

Any problems with Knibbs and I'll let you have one.

All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 05-04-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    John Knibbs is probably the nearest supplier to you.

You need to ask for a 25mm Weihrauch HW77 piston seal, best to measure what you get as his grandson served me last time and when I got home I found he'd given me a 26mm seal.

I take it you know that the weihrauch seal will need an adaptor to fit the TXPiston ?

Think they're about £11.

Edit:-

Any problems with Knibbs and I'll let you have one.

All the best Mick
    Thanks Mick, I am making my own ally pistons with o rings, but now want to try the new seal, always looking for improvements how do identify the new seal as opposed to the old one.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I didn't think HW did the new style seals in 25mm ?

(I'm doing the same as you)

You can get old design HW 25, or a VAC 25 from the US. Or a Macarri. I've got the latter en route, but I'm also trying to blag any old usable 25mm seal for a prelim test:
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....HW-piston-seal

Unfortunately I accidentally butchered my Vac25 sizing it for a comp tube that turned out to be undersized (no biggy) and bulged (useless). So now it's undersize. Going to convert it to an o-ring carrier

Rgds -JB

you can't get the new HW seal in 25mm only 26 and 30mm which is a real downer

Vac25 is about the best seal right now for a TX or if you cn get one an LGV seal with a modified front seal face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post

You can get old design HW 25, or a VAC 25 from the US. Or a Macarri. I've got the latter en route, but I'm also trying to blag any old usable 25mm seal for a prelim test:

Unfortunately I accidentally butchered my Vac25 sizing it for a comp tube that turned out to be undersized (no biggy) and bulged (useless). So now it's undersize. Going to convert it to an o-ring carrier

Rgds -JB
    That's a shame, I am using o rings at the moment, but have an issue with them wearing out too quickly, I am using them from a cheap kit from toolstation, so not sure of the spec, going to get some nitrile shore 70 ones, or may try Viton as they have a better deformation set. Wanted to try the hw seal to see if it softened the shot cycle any, the old ones seem a bit too rigid for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    That's a shame, I am using o rings at the moment, but have an issue with them wearing out too quickly, I am using them from a cheap kit from toolstation, so not sure of the spec, going to get some nitrile shore 70 ones, or may try Viton as they have a better deformation set. Wanted to try the hw seal to see if it softened the shot cycle any, the old ones seem a bit too rigid for my liking.
    Nick,
    I am using a vortek 77 seal on my ally tx piston, its a great seal. Just wish i had another .)

Quote Originally Posted by prosport.177 View Post
    Nick,
    I am using a vortek 77 seal on my ally tx piston, its a great seal. Just wish i had another .)
    The vac25, right ?

The vac25, right ?
    Thats the one it is a nice seal
    i want another one

Quote Originally Posted by prosport.177 View Post
    Thats the one it is a nice seal
    i want another one
    I never got to try mine Will order another too, but will try the macarri first...

so it looks like the vac 25 then

Just purchased some piston seals from a local supplier, they are u seals so going to experiment

Rgds -JB
    Jon,
    I may have one at home,will check tonite and let you know,