Thread: New loads

New loads

Hi all
    I have a tikka .223 with a 19inch barrel 1 in 8 twist and I am having to develop another load as the powder I have used before is no longer available .
    I have been given some vit 120 ,reloader 15 and accurate 2230 , x- truder 2015 powders to try.
    I also have Sierra 55 grns blitz kings ,52 gr Amax , 69 grn match king and 55 grn game king bullets and wondered if any of you kind folk have had any experience of these powders and bullets in this kind of twist rate with a good accuracy and if you could share the recipes with me thank you .

Regards
    Colin.

My .223 load was 20gr of N120 with 52gr Amax. Should be about the same for the 55gr game kings.

I think 120 might be too fast for the 69grs, you probably want N140.

No experience with the other powders.

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    My .223 load was 20gr of N120 with 52gr Amax. Should be about the same for the 55gr game kings.

I think 120 might be too fast for the 69grs, you probably want N140.

No experience with the other powders.
    Thanks for this bullbarrel I will make these up and give them a try .
    Regards
    Colin

my money is on rl15 with the heavy bullets if you had 75 amax i would drop it on 24.5 of rl 15 start low work up

Quote Originally Posted by zx10mike View Post
    my money is on rl15 with the heavy bullets if you had 75 amax i would drop it on 24.5 of rl 15 start low work up
    Hi zx10mike
    With the reloader 15 I haven't the 75 Amax but 69 match kings , I will load some up with the match kings then as I go to try them at the weekend will pick some 75 Amax up from the club to give them a go cheers .
    But also on the alliant web site it only gives formulas for a small number of recipes and only gives one charge weight I presume that's the maximum charge weight .

Regards
    Colin