So i think i posted my 'Hi i'm new' thread late in december last year after a trip to Ronnie sunshines and using one of their hire guns, since then i've been back once more with a hire gun, purchased myself an R10 VC .177 which I have fitted with a Viper 10x44 Scope and now put about 500 pellets through it at Ronnies, shooting 10 yard targets at home and this weekend i went to LVAGC and zero'd my setup at 35 yards and spent some time on the plinking range there...

Now i have no problems saying i'm new, have a fairly good hit rate on the closer stuff <35 Yards but pretty poor at distances any greater or the really small targets...

I guess what i'm wondering is should i aim for a minimum standard before trying a round of HFT?

I know a single shot magazine is recommended for HFT but is it really that much of a pain using a normal one?

I guess i just dont want to completely embarrass myself and being completely new to shooting i don't really know what to expect :/

Also they run a 'Extreme rested' competition, does anyone know what that entails? Would my setup be suitable or is it the realms of higher magnification scopes?

Cheers in advance

Paul