Thread: BSA improved mod D rear sight question.

BSA improved mod D rear sight question.

I recently acquired this old bsa air rifle, however not shot it yet as i need to inspect the internals first. Also noticed the whole rear site block is off to one side far from being centered. Does anyone know how the sight block is held in place is it welded or does it just slide? I see a way of adjusting left right aim pont. Any ideas boys? Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BadPigeon View Post
    I recently acquired this old bsa air rifle, however not shot it yet as i need to inspect the internals first. Also noticed the whole rear site block is off to one side far from being centered. Does anyone know how the sight block is held in place is it welded or does it just slide? I see a way of adjusting left right aim pont. Any ideas boys? Many Thanks
    Hello
    It is in a dovetail machined block,so just lightly tap the sight with a light hammer and all should be ok(if not welded)

Oh by the way ,lube the sight underneath before.
    Last edited by hookerball; 06-04-2014 at 06:33 PM.

Thank you kindly Sir i will give that a go and hopefully wont break anything as i woul like to keep this air rifle in as original state as possible. Regards

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by BadPigeon View Post
    Thank you kindly Sir i will give that a go and hopefully wont break anything as i woul like to keep this air rifle in as original state as possible. Regards
    Usually a good idea to get a bit of "Plus Gas", Wd 40 or similar round the sight about 4 days before you attempt to move it. It does help.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

I would try it first, it may be to one side for a reason, recently did a standard for that reason, it was way of

Centre when shooting and the owner was fed up with it.

I shot it and to get it on target had to drift back sight well off centre, the forsight was already over as far as possible, I think in its life time someone may have stumbled and put weight on it sideways? John
    snarepeg.