Thread: Wanted: A Good Boxed Webley Mark II Target Model

Wanted: A Good Boxed Webley Mark II Target Model

Placed in Collectables as there is more chance of a response here than in the 'Wanted' section.

Yes I know it is akin to hen's teeth but I am looking to upgrade my existing boxed pistol and am looking for an original example with accessories such as pellet box and contemporary literature. Preferably a late version, which strips from both ends.

Cash waiting for the right example.

John

Anybody?

I've been lucky enough to be offered a couple but a boxed example in the sort of condition I am looking for has eluded me so far...

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Anybody?

I've been lucky enough to be offered a couple but a boxed example in the sort of condition I am looking for has eluded me so far...

John
    Hi John,

Good luck with this. I also have a really nice Mk2 Target together with it's original pellet box in similar condition, but let down by the relatively poor condition of the pistol box itself. I would really like a Stoeger Mk2 as those wood grips really appeal to me.

Regards

Brian

I recently sold a boxed Stoeger Mk.II Target, but the box was not in the best condition, and I have another boxed Mk.II Target with a similar condition box.
    I've only ever had one 'as new' Mk.II Target box, and some years ago I was made an offer for it that I couldn't refuse, so let it go. I've never seen another like it.
    I've got a boxed Stoeger Mk.I Wood Grip that I'm probably shortly going to offer for sale, and that box isn't bad, but not pristine by a long way.
    It's becoming increasingly difficult to find really good boxes from the 20/30's era.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi John,

Good luck with this. I also have a really nice Mk2 Target together with it's original pellet box in similar condition, but let down by the relatively poor condition of the pistol box itself. I would really like a Stoeger Mk2 as those wood grips really appeal to me.

Regards

Brian
    Thanks Brian,
    Did you know that Stoeger also offered grips in Ivory or Mother of Pearl? Now that would be a find!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Thanks Brian,
    Did you know that Stoeger also offered grips in Ivory or Mother of Pearl? Now that would be a find!

John
    Hi John,

Nothing really surprises where the American market is concerned. There's something about the appearance and feel of all steel air pistols fitted with wood grips that makes them the perfect combination for me anyway.

Regards

Brian