Thread: diana mod 22 stripping help please

diana mod 22 stripping help please

Hi guys, this is just a general question on the Diana mod 22 mid 1950/60 air rifle

Does anyone know if there is an online instructions sheet or video on how to remove the spring and piston. I have managed to get the trigger and end cap off, but there seems to be an aliuminium insert to take out next and I cannot figure out how to remove it.

Thanks in advance guys, Dave

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by forbs View Post
    Hi guys, this is just a general question on the Diana mod 22 mid 1950/60 air rifle

Does anyone know if there is an online instructions sheet or video on how to remove the spring and piston. I have managed to get the trigger and end cap off, but there seems to be an aliuminium insert to take out next and I cannot figure out how to remove it.

Thanks in advance guys, Dave
    Stripdown guide in the "Idiots guide" sticky at the top of the collectable section.
    This is a better pic than the Milbro G22 but it is near enough the same gun.
    https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24529/Jaguar/
    I think there was a special tool to get out part no ECP054, but if you get a bit of pressure on it with a socket or tube, then you can flip the little tang out of its locking slot.
    If the gun has not been stripped for a very long time, sometimes old grease gets underneath this part and it is slow to come out. Best to put a rag over the end of the cylinder and wait for it to move.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"