Thread: Sako 85

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    Very nice Ray. I have one of these in .223 and found an immense improvement after switching to handloads - now 1/2 MoA or less at 100 yards - and a careful "running in" regime seems to have been worthwhile, as there is now little (if any) fouling after 100 rounds. You didn't mention whether yours had the set trigger or not? It's lovely to use!
    Didnt specify the set trigger so assumed i did not have it, just checked and yes it has the set trigger, feel lovely cant wait to get our and put some lead downrange on se trigger
    Thanks for pointing that out
    Cheers
    Ray

Very nice! I'd love one. What barrel length?

Thumbs up

Was out last night with a mate looking for foxes, but no luck , spotted some rabbits at 300 yards, so decided to give it a go, allowed 6inch above and 4inch for wind , mate was spotting for strike, and b*gger me shot was 6inch high so tried another on an exposed bit of earth no allowance for distance but still allowed for wind and its spot on, its zero its for 175 yards but its still bang on at 300, so well impressed

sako 85 ss

Hi all, new to this forum; I too have a sako 85, in this instance a synthetic stainless, the slightly shorter barrelled version which comes ready threaded for a mod.

Very very very happy with it!