Thread: 147gn 9mm

147gn 9mm

hi guys,

was looking at reloading 9mm subs and haven't had much luck finding heavier bullets - was ideally after 147gn?

also have been told i could use my 158gn 357s, since the diameter is negligible between this and 9mm?

atb
    jon
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

Thumbs up

Having measured MANY 9 m.m. bores I can assure you that you will probably find a .358" bullet will fit just nicely. Just for the record the only 9 m.m. I found that was actually on the oft quoted nominal .354" dia. was a 1945 vintage Spreewerk P.38. Largest was a new CZ75 at .362"!

Quote Originally Posted by andrew375 View Post
    Having measured MANY 9 m.m. bores I can assure you that you will probably find a .358" bullet will fit just nicely. Just for the record the only 9 m.m. I found that was actually on the oft quoted nominal .354" dia. was a 1945 vintage Spreewerk P.38. Largest was a new CZ75 at .362"!
    My CZ75 slugged at .358" back in 1981. But still put .355" bullets into tight groups until the rifling went blunt after about 8k rounds.

Regards,
    MikB
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

Thumbs up

Cheers guys - I'll give it whirl then! I've seen some 145gn boolits on another forum or may just wait to Phoniex to see what I can pick up there...
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'