Thread: Rogers n Spencer 44 accuracy

Rogers n Spencer 44 accuracy

I've recently resurected my old R and S italian repro which I'm having great fun with. 28 grains of Kranks finest makes a very satisfying boom with lots of smoke and flash (and grins) but accuracy resembling a 12 bore with LG. (454 soft lead lee ball and remington #10) Backing down to 20 grains brings the groups down to 6in or so (at 25yds). I'm taking a box of lee powder scoops and a school dessert of semolina down to the range tomorrow to play. Anyone got any favourite target loads for 44 purely for accuracy? Yes Tac, I'm using E45.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Mine shoots well with 20 grns of TS2 with semolina filler and a 451" round ball. Shoots far better than me.

markreid is offline Happy to be fishing and shooting
    .454 balls and 24 grains b/p is what I use in my euroarms
    There is no such thing as a dangerous gun, there are dangeruous people though

I recently sold mine but with 13.5grns of 777 I was managing 3" grouping at 25mtr. Its down to tuning the load and consistency with loading technique.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

best laid plans.

Got down to the range with all the kit but left the scoops at home! Had to play with the Marlin instead. Will try again tomorrow, but as it's black powder saturday which is always good fun, I doubt if I'll be able to see the targets after two minutes. Stiil, that might help!
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

15grains

1 cc scoop of Henry's finest equates to 15gns with 1cc semolina seems to do the trick, tame but accurate. 2" groups supported and 7in one handed un-supported. Damned DTs. Maybe a couple of pints before I shoot would work!
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Hi my R&S Euroarms works most wonderfully with a .454 ball (Lee mould) 15gns 777 top up with couscous and a dolope of lube to seal it all in I use No10 german caps I'm getting scores of between any where from 70 to 85,85 being my best ever that's ball park as for grouping I'm not getting that good to do grouping sorry should say "I'm still a "novice" but getting there" so would say grouping is of about 7"to 9" from centre of bulls eye some do land in the 10 and 9 ring more luck then my aiming but mostly in the black part of a 25meter BP target I'm happy with that hope this helps you in any way yours Frank
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

I'm using 23gr of 777 in my .44 Remington which is accurate.