Thread: FWB 124 stock New or secondhand

FWB 124 stock New or secondhand

Bit of a long shot maybe, but is there an aftermarket stock that will fit a 124 still to be had out there somewhere, or is a secondhand one the only way to go?

thanks in advance

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I think Custom Stocks of Sheffield can make one for you, otherwise there is the very expensive one that Maccari at ARH in the US which occassionally comes up for sale.

Like this ...

http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...83/9984083.htm

They are on sale at the moment, £160 but remember you will have to pay post and import duty so it will be well over £200.

If you have little money and an old, battered Feinwerkbau action needing a stock, as far as I remember the BSA Super Sport stock fits the cylinder diameter OK, you will have to modify it a bit though. See if you can borrow one first and see for yourself what needs doing.

FWB sport stock

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    Bit of a long shot maybe, but is there an aftermarket stock that will fit a 124 still to be had out there somewhere, or is a secondhand one the only way to go?

thanks in advance
    Why don't you try re finishing your currant stock .
    Atb
    Dean
    Daystate Airwolf MVT.22 40ft RUGER77/17hmr RUGER SR22
    "DON'T EVER SHOOT A 17 HMR. What ever you thought you knew about 22 rim fires, and loved about them, will be lost forever. It's like dumping your wife for Miss America."

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I think Custom Stocks of Sheffield can make one for you, .
    No they won't Pete - I've asked.

Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Thanks Hsing-ee, I will look into the Sheffield option.

I think Custom Stocks of Sheffield can make one for you, otherwise there is the very expensive one that Maccari at ARH in the US which occassionally comes up for sale.

Like this ...

http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...83/9984083.htm

They are on sale at the moment, £160 but remember you will have to pay post and import duty so it will be well over £200.

If you have little money and an old, battered Feinwerkbau action needing a stock, as far as I remember the BSA Super Sport stock fits the cylinder diameter OK, you will have to modify it a bit though. See if you can borrow one first and see for yourself what needs doing.

Ok then scratch that

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    No they won't Pete - I've asked.

Eric

I have the nasty old plain beech stock, it's too short, I find myself struggling to get a comfortable grip, I guess I could stick a recoil pad on the back and just paint the thing, it's never going to be a looker anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by longman View Post
    Why don't you try re finishing your currant stock .
    Atb
    Dean

I have the nasty old plain beech stock, it's too short, I find myself struggling to get a comfortable grip, I guess I could stick a recoil pad on the back and just paint the thing, it's never going to be a looker anyway.
    I've just bought a 124 and it has a plain stock and a few knocks so I'm gong to refinish it and fit an aluminium spacer in front of the recoil pad and one between the pistol grip cap
    The grain underneath the original finish is very nice if you have an email address il show you the before and after photos
    Atb
    Dean
    "DON'T EVER SHOOT A 17 HMR. What ever you thought you knew about 22 rim fires, and loved about them, will be lost forever. It's like dumping your wife for Miss America."

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I had a splintery plank of a standard beech stock and Alan Knight (on here as knightsguitars or something) and he did a beautiful job of refinishing it in a dark colour with an oil finish. I think it was about £60 posted. Much nicer than the original finish, to get the length put a Bisley adjustable butt-pad and Bob's Your Aunt Fanny's Uncle Herman.

I had a splintery plank of a standard beech stock and Alan Knight (on here as knightsguitars or something) and he did a beautiful job of refinishing it in a dark colour with an oil finish. I think it was about £60 posted. Much nicer than the original finish, to get the length put a Bisley adjustable butt-pad and Bob's Your Aunt Fanny's Uncle Herman.
    Exactly , but try doing it yourself it's easier than you think , just use a razor blade at 90degree angle and the old lacquer comes off a treat !!
    Don't use nitro morse or sand paper it will take ages
    Dean

The special trick Alan had was dyeing it evenly, which is something I have yet to acheive on beech. I should get some pictures up on here for people to see, the dark finish in combination with the deep gloss black metal finish from RichardH, it looks very pretty indeed.

Well i guess a bit of DIY is the way forward then

Longman, I will pm you my addy, but you could always stick the pictures on here to inspire us all

Hsing-ee if you have the pictures that would be great

Bisley adjustable but-pad eh! I will have a hunt and find one...

many thanks chaps

fwb sport

give me a shout if you consider selling it. I might be interested