Thread: "The BSA Air Rifle-Lincoln Jeffries Patent"

"The BSA Air Rifle-Lincoln Jeffries Patent"

1906, second year of production, .177. Pics in Airguns for sale section. Collection from Northampton.

£250

Mike95

Quote Originally Posted by Mike95 View Post
    1906, second year of production, .177. Pics in Airguns for sale section. Collection from Northampton.

£250

Mike95
    Mike just to let you know, your PM box is full.

Would it be possible to have some pics for the vintage BSA forum please?

Mike's ad HERE.
    Last edited by Garvin; 13-04-2014 at 03:33 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

The "BSA Air Rifle-Lincoln Jeffries Patent"

Virtually no response so I must be asking too much! This is the only one of this model I have ever seen but presumably it must be more common than I thought!

Price reduction to £230, collection from Northampton, pics on Airguns for sale.

Mike95

Virtually no response so I must be asking too much! This is the only one of this model I have ever seen but presumably it must be more common than I thought!

Price reduction to £230, collection from Northampton, pics on Airguns for sale.

Mike95
    I don't think there's much wrong with the price, actually. It's a scarce rifle in very nice condition, with crisp lettering and no rust. Maybe people are put off by your reluctance to post? It seems to be a big factor, although I completely understand your reluctance.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I'd have it in a heartbeat if it could be posted.
    Imelda

Posting?

Carriers will not take an air rifle. Parcelforce will not take an air rifle. Royal Mail will take "sporting firearms" as per their charter. It would exceed the length for special delivery (61cm) which would have insurance and cost £25! Standard parcels would be Ok but would have £30 max insurance! This is all a Royal Mail plot to stop the legitimate sale of Air rifles!

Mike95

Carriers will not take an air rifle. Parcelforce will not take an air rifle. Royal Mail will take "sporting firearms" as per their charter. It would exceed the length for special delivery (61cm) which would have insurance and cost £25! Standard parcels would be Ok but would have £30 max insurance! This is all a Royal Mail plot to stop the legitimate sale of Air rifles!

Mike95
    Not so, Mike. Parcelforce 48 will carry air rifles now, though the maximum compensation is £100. But the parcel is at least trackable. There is no such thing as standard parcels any more!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Posting

Thank you Garvin, I was not aware that Parcelforce would now take air rifles, but as you say £100 max compensation!! I suppose it would help if we had some way of taking out a separate insurance. Also,if you work out the fuel costs,( my car will do 50+mpg on a gallon of diesel,) for £30 I could do 250 miles, this gives me a 125mile radius for collection. Probably safer than Parcelforce!

Mike95

A certain shop on the south coast use TNT and hawkeye sent me a cadet major using citylink.

It's not just fuel costs that factor in to a person wanting postage, it's time. I went to Boston for a MkII, from Brum it's 180 miles round trip. I had the luxury of doing it mid week and daytime, still best part of 3 hours there and 4 back as I hit awful weather on the wrong side of Leicester -is there a right side??

That would be a long night if done in an evening. Doing it at a weekend??? provided your other half, kids or other commitments allow???

At the end of the day time is precious now more than ever.

And we're all used to getting everything NOW!

Northampton isn't far from me and if it's still available after mayday weekend I would be very very happy to pop over and relieve you of it. And a good excuse to pop to Scoffers for a proper breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by battyone View Post
    A certain shop on the south coast use TNT and hawkeye sent me a cadet major using citylink.

It's not just fuel costs that factor in to a person wanting postage, it's time. I went to Boston for a MkII, from Brum it's 180 miles round trip. I had the luxury of doing it mid week and daytime, still best part of 3 hours there and 4 back as I hit awful weather on the wrong side of Leicester -is there a right side??

That would be a long night if done in an evening. Doing it at a weekend??? provided your other half, kids or other commitments allow???

At the end of the day time is precious now more than ever.

And we're all used to getting everything NOW!

Northampton isn't far from me and if it's still available after mayday weekend I would be very very happy to pop over and relieve you of it. And a good excuse to pop to Scoffers for a proper breakfast
    I sold an un-named lathe on the Baye for £50 and the buyer came from South Wales for it! He made his own biodiesel but it was still 4 hours each way. He thought it worth it because he was betting that the lathe was a Drummond, supplier to the Admiralty and precursor of Myford.

Each to his own, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

The BSA Air Rifle-Linoln Jeffries Patent

Sold to "frogboy" subject to payment.

Mike95

edbear2 Guest
    Sold to "frogboy" subject to payment.

Mike95
    Thank god for that, now I can go to Malvern flea with some cash...And the best thing is that I will get to shoot it as well because the new owner is in our bell target team!

ATB, Ed