Thread: HW95k

HW95k

Bought Xmas 2012, excellent build quality and standard of fit and finish is also excellent, after having put several thousands of rounds through mine I decided to give her a bit of a tune up so pulled her apart and gave her a light polish and re-lube which smoothed the gun out no end the only gripe I've got is that I should have bought it in .22 rather than .177 as the later is quite feisty to shoot and therefore quite difficult to get any real accuracy out of so very possibly gonna V-Mach her this year !

All in all though a good solid workhorse of a rifle that should last for years !!!

Get it tuned by wonky donky.I've had my .177 sorted by him and it's superb.Not "fiesty" at all, very nice to shoot and very accurate.Only took 2 weeks as well.
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

Quote Originally Posted by jeff0100 View Post
    Get it tuned by wonky donky.I've had my .177 sorted by him and it's superb.Not "fiesty" at all, very nice to shoot and very accurate.Only took 2 weeks as well.
    Its what I intend doing if the next 95 I get is a bit fiesty....mind you mine will be in .22. My last one was as sweet as a nut out of the box.....wonder if I can be that lucky twice
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Is "Wonky" a member on here, if not how do I get hold of him and what kind of price would I be looking at to get it sorted, I'm a bit disappointed that I can't trust it considering I spent 300 odd quid on it !

I'm using my "Venom Viper" at the moment but prefer the simplicity of a springer more often than not !

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Is "Wonky" a member on here, if not how do I get hold of him and what kind of price would I be looking at to get it sorted, I'm a bit disappointed that I can't trust it considering I spent 300 odd quid on it !

I'm using my "Venom Viper" at the moment but prefer the simplicity of a springer more often than not !

Cheers...
    Yes he is a member on here. Do a search for him and you'll see what people think of his work. P.M. him and have a chat with him about what you want and he'll give you a price. It will be well worth it, believe me. Lovely bloke,who explains everything,in my case more than once. I'm really happy with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Its what I intend doing if the next 95 I get is a bit fiesty....mind you mine will be in .22. My last one was as sweet as a nut out of the box.....wonder if I can be that lucky twice
    Mine has had quite a bit done,I think it was about as much as Dave could do at the time,he may be able to do a bit more now.A mate of mine had his done at the same time , but only had a standard tune,and even that was really nice.Not as nice as mine but a lot better than before.Go for the full monty, you won't regret it

Thumbs up barrel change

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Bought Xmas 2012, excellent build quality and standard of fit and finish is also excellent, after having put several thousands of rounds through mine I decided to give her a bit of a tune up so pulled her apart and gave her a light polish and re-lube which smoothed the gun out no end the only gripe I've got is that I should have bought it in .22 rather than .177 as the later is quite feisty to shoot and therefore quite difficult to get any real accuracy out of so very possibly gonna V-Mach her this year !

All in all though a good solid workhorse of a rifle that should last for years !!!
    you could always get a .22 cal barrel,but bare in mind it will be a .177 running a .22,so more than likely you will have to de-tune,cheers.

I owned a 95 in 177 I found that fitting a larger stock sorted a lot of the problems out, later a full v-mach glide conversion sorted out the rest of the probs. But I think it needs a decent mass of wood to absorb the shock.

I've been shooting for over 20 years and always found hw to be the springer on the market ,the hw95k probably the best one of all a and so easy to self tune
    ATB mark

I too could not get on with a HW98 in .177. It was years before I discovered the joys of the similar 95K, in .22. I t suited me much better

I'm surprised by that, my HW98 was quite sweet in .177. Not so my .177 HW95 which was a bit flippy to say the least. That said, these days I prefer .22 in springers.