Thread: Tx200 zero transfer port

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    You sure it's not burning a little lube ? 830 (about 13 FP) in a stock mk1 with no combustion is quite high, but just about possible with a (really) good tube+ seal, sure.. also what is the velocity for CPLs ? they are ~ 7.9 Grain right ? You certain the port length and diameter are standard too ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    You sure it's not burning a little lube ? 830 (about 13 FP) in a stock mk1 with no combustion is quite high, but just about possible with a (really) good tube+ seal, sure.. also what is the velocity for CPLs ? they are ~ 7.9 Grain right ? You certain the port length and diameter are standard too ?
    CPL's are the 7.9's and they averaged 854 over 10 shots and the H&N pellets were even heavier than the Exacts. I've always noted most 12 ft. lb. tunes shoot the 8.44 Exacts faster than 7.9 CPL's, but as the guns go up in power the CPL takes the lead. The same gun with other spring combos always shoots above 12 ft. lbs. when the same spring and blue JM seal is always just under 12 with a couple of other MarkI's. I've never really swapped the tube to other guns, but I have swapped the spring, piston and guide. I have a MarkII with the FAC piston and it is just a bit hotter as well when compared to the 2 MarkIII's I have running the same piston. Must be the tube, but I think the barrel plays a role as well. The MarkII above always has the best chrono strings as far as spread. It will almost always stay around 4 fps over 10 shots with the others hovering around 10 or just inside 10. I had a gun with a 9 fps spread that was more accurate than the MarkII, so I swapped the complete powerplants around including the tube. The spread remained with the gun and not the powerplant proving to me it's the barrel.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Definitely sounds like you have a good tube there in terms of power/sealing, and as you know I think the JM blue is the best TX form seal out there