Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Tx200 zero transfer port

Quote Originally Posted by brucegill View Post
    depends on if they eat dodgy burgers and get the s**** all night on the Sunday and Monday morning
    ohh dear....OT did Darrin manage to talk to you?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    Some food for thought, 7 out the top 10 at the recoiling championship were HW's, im wondering with all this work we have been doing whether we will see a more even balance next time with AA's and the new LGU which I know has good specs already
    I think that was last year. This year the reverse:
    http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/f...ad.php?t=21207

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    I think that was last year. This year the reverse:
    http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/f...ad.php?t=21207
    Two different comps - FT and HFT...

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    Some food for thought, 7 out the top 10 at the recoiling championship were HW's, im wondering with all this work we have been doing whether we will see a more even balance next time with AA's and the new LGU which I know has good specs already
    Not much of a pattern
    World HFT Recoiling top 3

1)- Air Arms TX200 (Venom Ultraglide)
    2)- Webley Break Barrel
    3)- Weihrauch Underlever

1)- Weihrauch
    2)- Weihrauch
    3)- Air Arms

1)- Weihrauch
    2)- Weihrauch
    3)- Air Arms

1)- Air Arms
    2)- Air Arms
    3)- Air Arms

1)- Weihrauch
    2)- Weihrauch
    3)- Weihrauch

1)- Weihrauch
    2)- Weihrauch
    3)- Weihrauch

Maybe I should enter a few comps again

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Two different comps - FT and HFT...
    Oh? I was only aware of one specifically recoiling championship, FT and HFT on the same course shooting for the same overall prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Oh? I was only aware of one specifically recoiling championship, FT and HFT on the same course shooting for the same overall prize.
    One last weekend, one the weekend before...

If you want a reference, I'm at 70mm with a 25mm bore for 12FP... with your port and larger bore, I'd start the 12FP gun at 65mm stroke and work from there !
    Thanks Jon, I'll give it a go from there.

Crunch these numbers for me if you please. MarkI TX200 .177 #00321, short, 84mm stroke with a standard MarkII spring, tophat and guide kit. The owner pulled the old spring with the screw in tophat, but he didn't know the weight that tops the tophat was till in the piston. Very much preload and stiff cocking with Exacts shooting at 840 fps, CPL's at 854 fps and H&N FTS 8.6 gr. shooting 856 fps. The spring busted after a few tins and that's when I found the problem with the extra weight up the piston. Calmed it down to 800 fps only to have it climb to 830 with Exacts and this was with a totally different set up. This particular gun makes power very easily. My other 3 MarkI's struggle to reach 800 fps with the same set up. Thought I'd try to set us back on the right track and away from the competition talk. HFT doesn't count anyway, only FT.

You sure it's not burning a little lube ? 830 (about 13 FP) in a stock mk1 with no combustion is quite high, but just about possible with a (really) good tube+ seal, sure.. also what is the velocity for CPLs ? they are ~ 7.9 Grain right ? You certain the port length and diameter are standard too ?

You sure it's not burning a little lube ? 830 (about 13 FP) in a stock mk1 with no combustion is quite high, but just about possible with a (really) good tube+ seal, sure.. also what is the velocity for CPLs ? they are ~ 7.9 Grain right ? You certain the port length and diameter are standard too ?
    CPL's are the 7.9's and they averaged 854 over 10 shots and the H&N pellets were even heavier than the Exacts. I've always noted most 12 ft. lb. tunes shoot the 8.44 Exacts faster than 7.9 CPL's, but as the guns go up in power the CPL takes the lead. The same gun with other spring combos always shoots above 12 ft. lbs. when the same spring and blue JM seal is always just under 12 with a couple of other MarkI's. I've never really swapped the tube to other guns, but I have swapped the spring, piston and guide. I have a MarkII with the FAC piston and it is just a bit hotter as well when compared to the 2 MarkIII's I have running the same piston. Must be the tube, but I think the barrel plays a role as well. The MarkII above always has the best chrono strings as far as spread. It will almost always stay around 4 fps over 10 shots with the others hovering around 10 or just inside 10. I had a gun with a 9 fps spread that was more accurate than the MarkII, so I swapped the complete powerplants around including the tube. The spread remained with the gun and not the powerplant proving to me it's the barrel.

Definitely sounds like you have a good tube there in terms of power/sealing, and as you know I think the JM blue is the best TX form seal out there