Thread: Crosman 600 Lubrication

Crosman 600 Lubrication

Hi I have been lucky enough to buy one of these yesterday. I would like to maintain it properly could some fellow owners give me advice on lubrication of the pistol please .I would like to know where to lubricate & how often etc.A fellow member has very kindly sent me all the manuals & info but you can't beat hands on experience thank you Matt.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Ask Lawrie Armatruda (sp ?)...

The main parts to keep lubed are the cam rod and feed ring. Remove the single screw at the rear of the pistols body but go careful as the rounded end cap has a light spring hehind it. The cap will be pushed away from the body by this spring. Remove the endcap and spring, then using a small torch look inside the body of the pistol. You will see the cam rod ( a square section rod with a twist in it towards the front of the pistol) this rod runs down the upper right hand side of the valve body and connects to the pellet feed arm......it also runs through the feed arm operating ring which saddles the valve body.this is the point to lubricate with one or two drops of light machine oil.....i.e. where the square rod runs through the feed ring, and where the larger ring runs around the valve body..
    What happens when you pull the trigger is that the feed ring gets pushed back along the valve body and as it does the smaller end follows the twist in the rod thereby forcing the cam rod to turn 90 degrees.....thus the feed arm swing out,picks up a pellet then swings back to line up with the barrel. So these moving parts need a little oil every now and then.
    I probably made it sound more complex than it is but when you take the end cap off and look into the pistol you will see how it works by pulling the cocking slider back you will see the rod twist as you do so.
    After oiling replace the spring and end cap and re fit the screw.

Pete.

Thanks Pete for that I will keep this for future reference.