Thread: Milbro Couger/black major

Milbro Couger/black major

Hope that i have put this in the right section,have a hankering for a Milbro couger one of which i had many years ago,thought before i go putting up wanted ad.that it would be better to ask if anyone with more knowledge could tell me what kind of price i could be expected to pay,looking for a complete and working,boxed example complete with its bits,i know they are not popular and apparently not of good quality ,but seemed ok all those years past.anyone got any ideas about what i should be paying would be gratefully recieved. Many Thanks SPROAT.

Cougar

Putting my neck on the line.

I have exactly what you are looking for (but not selling it) boxed, bits and less than 100 pellets through it. I paid Mr Hiller something like £115 (he has been out of the game for a fair rew years).

If it ever goes on the market (ie my widow sells it) I would expect around £140-150.

The gun is big and powerful but with a number of intrinsic weaknesses ie all the plastic and the mazak body (I have just done some 'welding' on one) so good, complete examples are rare.

I expect to get some flak as the gun is pretty unpopular but I hope it helps.

FYI here is one I made earlier http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...20147small.jpg

lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Hi many thanks for the picture,is that a black major or did they make the couger in black as well,have located a couger at a few quid more than your estimate,has damage to plastics but only minimal,only problem is its 250 miles from me and i have never used rfd transfer so out of the question at this time. Picture very inspiring many thanks

Cougar ,major ,hellfire.

Think their were 3 variants ,cougar ,black major and the other marketed by barnett international as I believe the hellfire ,it's been a bit but I have all 3 mothballed .im sure the barnett was hellfire but I guess if I'm wrong I will get corrected please.
    Not brilliant pistols despite a great look.the piston if I remember right was split down its length .
    Spent a long time trying to improve power but it was poor from memory 4 half ft lbs ish.
    The scorpion by BSA should have been produced with a wire stock as the cougar it would have looked and shot nice.
    Love the look of the milbro though ,it did look a tool .

I also have one from mr Hiller,completely unused and not for sale.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16264048@N02/13877473645/

Cougar

Quote Originally Posted by hyscore100 View Post
    I also have one from mr Hiller,completely unused and not for sale.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16264048@N02/13877473645/
    Did you get a large poster with yours ,I'm sure I have one with mine in the box ?.

Quote Originally Posted by original45 View Post
    Did you get a large poster with yours ,I'm sure I have one with mine in the box ?.
    No poster.

milbro couger

Some very nice cougers there,could"nt hope to find a one as nice, Sproat

milbro couger

Anyone got a picture of a hellfire or is it the same as a couger.

My custom Cougar

I had to repair/remould the plastic bits (of course) and chose to do them in black and I had all the metal nickle plated. Not a production model!

Airguns do not need to be sent rdf, the post office is OK and what ever they say they are not banned from being posted if they are not being sent from a dealer, there is a thred on here somewhere that goes into detail.
    lodmoor

Cougar poster

Aaaaah, that is what the strange moulding in the polystyrene (is that how it is spelt?) is for, a poster. I never got one.
    lodmoor

My Cougars

Getting repetitive but a piccy of my Hillier purchase.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...20153small.jpg
    lodmoor

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I too have a boxed Cougar but in a bigger cardboard box with a parts diagram on the inside and a big picture of a Cougar on the front! Think I paid £140 a few years ago, but would prob fetch a bit more at auction/ dealers if there was a buyer (not selling). I suspect mine was an early version with full-on marketing. I also have a second which I have ambitions to rebuild, but want to get some replacement wooden grips made - anyone know a likely craftsman to contact?