Thread: Britannia, Midland Gun Co Standard and Walther LP53 (smooth finish) for sale

Britannia, Midland Gun Co Standard and Walther LP53 (smooth finish) for sale

Britannia air rifle
    Long barrelled .177 version, which was originally distributed by Robert Ramsbottom of Manchester as the Anglo Sure Shot and marked as such on top of the air cylinder. All parts present including an original undamaged see-saw rearsight, although the adjustment has seized and will need a little gentle persuasion to be released (easy job if you know how). The rifle shoots to point of aim, so I have not attempted to free the sight. Sear engages positively in high and low power notches and I have been able to consistently hit the bell aperture of a bell target at 8 yards (4 out of 5 times the last time I shot this rifle). Age wear to rifle as expected but nice tight action. Serial number is the highest I have encountered whilst researching the Britannia at 3352 but I have been told one approx 20 digits higher exists. Serial number stamped on major components and all match. Bead foresight is undamaged – I have added a painted white dot to the bead to help with target acquisition and this can be removed if required.
    £500 f2f or can post for additional £20 - SOLD

Midland Gun Company ‘Standard’ air rifle
    A .22 rifled version of the Standard, more commonly called the ‘Demon’, although none I am aware of were marked as such. Top of cylinder marked with Midland Gun co details and correct undamaged (no splits!) stock fitted. Both sights sit tight within their dovetails and elevation wheel adjusts freely. Smooth and positive cocking action – the long barrel makes cocking almost effortless. Breech is quite tight, so a pellet probe or sizer is recommended for long sessions. An accurate rifle on the range, capable of hitting all manner of targets on the vintage range at Bisley. This can be considered as a .22 version of the BSA Breakdown and is very similar in size. These rifles are not that common and certainly less so than the contemporary BSA. £175 f2f or can post for an additional £20 NOW SOLD

Smooth Finish Walther LP53
    .177 calibre, as they all were. Black undamaged grips fitted. Rarely seen smooth finish to frame, as opposed to the more commonly encountered crackle finish. Markings all clear and readable. The 3 of LP53 looks like an 8 but this is not a never seen before variant called the LP58! Trigger is adjustable (when action has been opened and cocked), which again is an uncommon feature. Sights adjust positively, whilst action cocks and fires. I obtained some reasonable groups with this pistol at the indoor range, so all works as it should.
    £175 f2f or can post for additional £12 NOW SOLD

Photo link may not work for everyone, as I have encountered technical issues before when posting pics, so please PM me for pics if it fails to open

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...62381644006945

Kind regards,

John
    Last edited by Josie & John; 26-04-2014 at 01:37 PM. Reason: sale

Hello John,

I'm interested in the Midland Demon , but am unable to open your Google link ....

Dam

Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Hello John,

I'm interested in the Midland Demon , but am unable to open your Google link ....

Dam
    Please PM me your email address and I'll email pics. I think it has something to do with google but I am also technically challenged and only use computers when and because I have to!

John

I'll take the Britannia please John, pm on the way :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Epicyclic View Post
    Thank you Epicyclic - Britannia now SOLD

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Epicyclic View Post
    Hi Epicyclic,

Your PM box is full. Can you PM me your address and I'll post the Britannia to you.

Kind regards,

John