Thread: BSA Merlin .22 & period BSA Scope

BSA Merlin .22 & period BSA Scope

Now sold - Interestingly I stuck this on G* and it sold in 3 hours to the 1st caller.

I had 3 calls on it between 1800 and 1935 - yet on here not even a single enquiry,

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The Merlin is a funny little BSA. It is so fragile and disappointing that most BSA fans don't warm to it. I bought one and sold it on. I was hoping for a tiny Airsporter, the same quality as a Cadet but with the fixed barrel etc. But the construction is so poor, it is not really like a BSA at all. The cocking lever that runs in WOODEN grooves, the nasty plastic pop-up tap, the shameful stamped construction. So I think they only sell to the 'proper' nostalgia buyers, the people who owned them when they were kids.

They are definitely not for the collector who likes to shoot, and I think most people in Pipe And Slippers Corner like to give their airguns a good workout from time to time. You can do that with a Cadet or a Webley Senior, but with a Merlin you'd be worried about breaking the dang thing and you wouldn't hit much with it either.

However, they are great for mice in a kitchen I believe!