Thread: Boxed hurricane .177, rough value?

Boxed hurricane .177, rough value?

I've had a dig around in the sales section but there doesn't seem to be too many of these around in .177 so I'm a bit stuck. I've also temporarily misplaced my camera charger so I've not got any pictures for the moment.

I have one that I may be looking to sell, I took it to MAG last week but their offer on part exchange was frankly insulting so I kept hold of it. It's in excellent condition, the lettering is 100% intact, sights all present and correct, the breech seal looks like new, in full working order, complete with cardboard box which is intact but a bit worn, scope rail, allen key and paperwork. The only mark on it anywhere is some very minor wear on the barrel at the breech where it locks up.

Ballpark figure anyone?

£100 - £120 plus postage? Maybe a bit more if it's the nice white printed box, before Webley saved money on the plain brown box?

Plain brown box. MAG only offered me £70, miserable gits.

Quote Originally Posted by 512k View Post
    Ah, well that's probably all any RFD would want to give... as they'd say, they have to charge 20% VAT when they sell it on, guarantee it, bank charges, overheads etc.

Don't be offended mate its just the trade price. Most tight gits on here would only want to give you £80. Posted!

£70 seems reasonable to me, remember they are taking on stock that may or may not sell and they have all of the liability. Of course, as a business they want some profit in it as well.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Without the scope to go with it, and considering it's a fairly late one judging by the plain brown box, I'd go with a £100-£115 asking price.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    £70 seems reasonable to me, remember they are taking on stock that may or may not sell and they have all of the liability. Of course, as a business they want some profit in it as well.

Too low IMHO, I bought a near mint .177 hurricane with a case for about £85, a boxed .22 hurricane will get £120 so add 10% for a .177. Example.

Try protek for a guide price, if no one buys it, keep it and hold on as you don't see many .177 hurricanes about.

VAT

The shop not only has to make a profit but also pay 20% VAT, if MAR re-sold the gun at £100, they only make a tenner.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by 512k View Post
    Sounds reasonable really, you want the easy option & they've got to make a living...and they certainly won't be holidaying in St. Kitts on the profit from your Hurricane

there are loads of these

loads of these on gunstar there aint a shortage of them I gave 65quid for a minter .......

i have 4 for sale in the black case with the red velvet tray they sell with scope in the black box £100 the later model £50-£70 if you can find a buyer mine been for sale 4 monthes ther not sort after.may be in 20 years .

I payed just under a ton for mine about 6 months ago. Mint condition but no box. Love the pistol, its a delight to use but could do with a bit more power. Tim