Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venom HW97K 0.177 Lazahunter valuation please

Venom HW97K 0.177 Lazahunter valuation please

Guys,

After a long hiatus (moving area, starting a family etc.) I'm now looking to get back into my air rifle shooting.

Before I was as much of a collector and tuner as a shooter.

In order to generate some funds to allow me to start to dabble again I'm considering parting with something very special.

It's a Venom HW97K Lazahunter, bought new from Venom (about 10 years ago), built by Ivan Hancock, full venom reblue, setback trigger, lazaglided, brass trigger guard, cocking aid and the most gorgeous grade 4+ stock you're likely to see for a while.

I also commisioned a custom sling from a friend who makes leather holsters for black powder quick draw shooting (very heavy gauge leather with 'LAZAHUNTER' embossed down it) - not the one shown in the pictures.

Condition is virtually mint, there is one tiny blemish on the blueing about 10mm long, but it is not a scratch, other than that it's truly exceptional.

It hasn't fired 500 pellets from new, and for the last few years all that happens is I put 20 shots through it every couple of months, clean it and put it away again.

It's wonderful to shoot, so much so that it's the only rifle I never wanted to strip down to see if I could make it better.

So, roughly what are these worth these days. The Bushnell 8-32 4200 would not be included (I think).

TIA

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...o123/laza4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...o123/laza1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...o123/laza2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...o123/laza3.jpg
    I play a Fender bass, I shoot a springer. I like things to be, well, dependable

Quote Originally Posted by HarryPotter View Post
    Guys,

After a long hiatus (moving area, starting a family etc.) I'm now looking to get back into my air rifle shooting.

Before I was as much of a collector and tuner as a shooter.

In order to generate some funds to allow me to start to dabble again I'm considering parting with something very special.

It's a Venom HW97K Lazahunter, bought new from Venom (about 10 years ago), built by Ivan Hancock, full venom reblue, setback trigger, lazaglided, brass trigger guard, cocking aid and the most gorgeous grade 4+ stock you're likely to see for a while.

I also commisioned a custom sling from a friend who makes leather holsters for black powder quick draw shooting (very heavy gauge leather with 'LAZAHUNTER' embossed down it) - not the one shown in the pictures.

Condition is virtually mint, there is one tiny blemish on the blueing about 10mm long, but it is not a scratch, other than that it's truly exceptional.

It hasn't fired 500 pellets from new, and for the last few years all that happens is I put 20 shots through it every couple of months, clean it and put it away again.

It's wonderful to shoot, so much so that it's the only rifle I never wanted to strip down to see if I could make it better.

So, roughly what are these worth these days. The Bushnell 8-32 4200 would not be included (I think).

TIA

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...o123/laza4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...o123/laza1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...o123/laza2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...o123/laza3.jpg
    The figure in that stock is about as good as I've ever seen in an air rifle! I know there's a great appetite out there for Venom products, especially the old ones. £700, or is that too much?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Valuation

That's a a fine rifle you have there mate. I'm not an expert but in general terms it depends on what somene is willing to pay to get their hands on one. These are well sought after especially with this type of stock. One person to ask is "Stevem" on this forum he's got "to many" of these weapons and is a mate of one of the creators so he might be able to give you a figure.

Personally I would not part with it for a figure under £800.00 but that's only my opinion but like I said I'm no expert.

If it were mine I'd put it away and save up for what ever I wanted to buy next, as these weapons will not depreciate in value like some of the modern weapons.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do!

Chris

venom

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    The figure in that stock is about as good as I've ever seen in an air rifle! I know there's a great appetite out there for Venom products, especially the old ones. £700, or is that too much?
    I concur with this assessment,very nice rifle.

lazerhunter

I would agree it's beautiful figuring too. I have a 97k very simular with a few differences which in fact is due a service by Ivan very soon.
    Values around the figures already mentioned I'm sure and would guess too it won't hang around .
    Beautiful work and I hope you change your thoughts on parting with it ,it will be difficult to replace .

Quote Originally Posted by original45 View Post
    ... is due a service by Ivan very soon...
    I hope you're prepared for a very long wait!

He retired years ago (10?)

[Good luck to the OP with his proposed sale, one of the original Venom's and in the correct calibre. V.nice].

Hello there

Am I right in thinking you used to post on Airgun Shed?

I wouldn't sell that - unless you need to buy your children a new kidney. You will not be able to replace it especially that stock. If you really want to sell something to raise funds I would sell the action but not the stock. I think there is a 2 year wait for a full venom job these days so I would price accordingly say £500 for the action alone?

retirement

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    I hope you're prepared for a very long wait!

He retired years ago (10?)

[Good luck to the OP with his proposed sale, one of the original Venom's and in the correct calibre. V.nice].
    No not long ,upon his return from holiday in south Africa with family.

Quote Originally Posted by copperjacket View Post
    Hello there

Am I right in thinking you used to post on Airgun Shed?

I wouldn't sell that - unless you need to buy your children a new kidney. You will not be able to replace it especially that stock. If you really want to sell something to raise funds I would sell the action but not the stock. I think there is a 2 year wait for a full venom job these days so I would price accordingly say £500 for the action alone?
    I did indeed used to post on the shed - I miss that place, I even checked a few weeks ago to see if it was back up

I understand what you mean about it being pretty much one of a kind - because it is, the remarkable thing is the condition - it's like a NOS classic guitar style find

I've still got 3 really old Venom 77's to finish restoring as well, so I'm just not sure when I'd ever use the lazahunter enough to justify keeping it - it's probably better that somebody else gets the chance instead...

Welcome back to the bbs HP! I wondered what had become of you!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    Welcome back to the bbs HP! I wondered what had become of you!
    Good afternoon sir, another name I instantly recognise

Whatever became of the Custom Stocked Rapid 17 I sold you?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryPotter View Post

I understand what you mean about it being pretty much one of a kind - because it is, the remarkable thing is the condition - it's like a NOS classic guitar style find

I've still got 3 really old Venom 77's to finish restoring as well, so I'm just not sure when I'd ever use the lazahunter enough to justify keeping it - it's probably better that somebody else gets the chance instead...
    I can understand where you're coming from, sir, but DO NOT SELL THIS unless you absolutely had to.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Lazahunter

DON'T SELL it...but if needs must!! then nothing below £800. Regards Mach 1.5

At the very least, keep that amazing stock for one of your other Venoms - unless the others have similar stocks?

Agree with last 3 posts absolutely!

Very nice rifle and a pleasure to own for a while I'm sure!

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!