Thread: Identify my old Gamo so I can get some parts

Identify my old Gamo so I can get some parts

This was my first air rifle bought second hand around 30 years ago. It is marked Gamo .22 and has a serial number but no model. I have looked around and think it may be an Apache but I'm note sure as the trigger arrangement looks different.

The trigger has been bodged and the springs are bad resulting in something of a free-will in terms of when it decides to fire!

I want to sort out the trigger and get a couple replacement front stock screws and rear cap. Sentimental value really, but it's somewhat dangerous as it is.

Can anyone provide a definitive identification please?

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon

It looks very much like an ASI sniper trigger unit which I think was shared by the Apache.

https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24246/Apache/

So you should have no problem ordering parts --- I may even have a spare unit somewhere if you get stuck.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Simon

It looks very much like an ASI sniper trigger unit which I think was shared by the Apache.

https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24246/Apache/

So you should have no problem ordering parts --- I may even have a spare unit somewhere if you get stuck.

All the best Mick
    Hi Mick,

Thanks for info, I think you are right and the diagram is useful. I think I need a new trigger spring, and definitely need a pair of front stock screws (£3.30 each!). The last screws were too soft and one has sheared off, had some trouble getting it out today (tip - I drilled it, then hammered in a torx bit and screwed it out, very straightforward method which I improvised on the spot!).

The thing I can't figure out is how the trigger spring originally fitted into the trigger mechanism but I will try to work it out, unless anyone has a photo of the sub-assembly with spring in place?

Cheers Simon