Thread: BSa Meteor .22

BSa Meteor .22

I am selling my BSA Meteor .22 serial no. is TH so from 1979 onwards Fitted wth a 4x32 Simmonds scope
    Works well but i havent refurbed it at all, ever ! Still going strong. Pics attached, Can anyone advise re a realistic selling price please? Many thanks

http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/Guido717/slideshow/

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido7 View Post
    I am selling my BSA Meteor .22 serial no. is TH so from 1979 onwards Fitted wth a 4x32 Simmonds scope
    Works well but i havent refurbed it at all, ever ! Still going strong. Pics attached, Can anyone advise re a realistic selling price please? Many thanks

http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/Guido717/slideshow/
    I will start the ball rolling and then delete this later when you get a few more responses ( I like to try to keep posts down to make it easier for me to find things)
    A Meteor that age that has never been stripped will probably need a new buffer washer, breech seal and maybe a mainspring.
    I cannot comment of the scope, so will try to give you an idea just of the gun. One that age with complete open sights would struggle to get near £70 + postage now and probably £55 + postage would be closer and I think it would take a few days at that.
    Knock off the sights and you have a £35 --£40 gun.
    4 or 5 years ago a Meteor without sights for £40 -£45 (and maybe a bit more) would have sold in a couple of hours----now things are tight and the postage is killing the cheapies.

I cannot comment on the scope but I hope this helps and has not upset you.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

I've got the same carpet as you!

BSA Meteor

Many thanks for your reply and advice. I dont know how/why things are still tight out there,it cant be ?? The government tell us the economy is rosie on the up and booming. So it must be true, they wouldnt lie to us ?!! Back to the rifle, i must say its feels quite powerful, . I will probabley keep it for the odd plink.Thanks again

Just hold on the old gal. Probably be worth some nice cash 20 years from now!!
    I have an old meteor stashed away somewhere.... Can't remember where tho..