Thread: FT Scope

FT Scope

Looking for a new scope for FT. Budget of sub £400. Have read lots of reviews but I am no further forward. Has anyone got experience of a currently available scope that they recommend and will ensure 100% scores !!!!
    Thanks

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    The only way your going to ensure 100% scores, is to go down range and push the pellets into the target by hand!

I use a Hawke sidewinder 8-32x56 for my FT work. I think it's about the best value at around the £300 mark, unless you can find somewhere that has a Falcon T50 in stock (I can't). They are really good value for money.

One little tip though, if you can, fit a scope riser rail too. It makes a great deal of difference to your range finding.
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Riser rail

Quote Originally Posted by learningcurve View Post
    The only way your going to ensure 100% scores, is to go down range and push the pellets into the target by hand!

I use a Hawke sidewinder 8-32x56 for my FT work. I think it's about the best value at around the £300 mark, unless you can find somewhere that has a Falcon T50 in stock (I can't). They are really good value for money.

One little tip though, if you can, fit a scope riser rail too. It makes a great deal of difference to your range finding.
    Thanks for the reply. Have been looking at the Sidewinder. I am new to this could you explain what a 'riser rail is' and why it will help me with my range finding.
    Many thanks

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    It is basically a spacer that fits between the scope mounting, and the original scope mounting rail on your rifle. I'm no expert, but it's something to do with increasing the angle between the focus point (your target) and the visual plane (your eye). All I know is, it seems to work!
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Have a look at a new Big Viper of keep youe eyes on Shooting the breeze always cheap scopes coming up on there have a look for a BSA platinum.

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    For £400 its a no brainer,second hand big Nikko 10-50X60.A rail won't improve your range finding,what it will allow is for your head to be in a better position and it will flatten your trajectory out at the further distances,hence giving more margin for error,but as I said it won't improve range finding.Of course the closer ranges will need more dialling and you will find yourself having to go more than 1 turn on the turret which can itself cause problems.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

new scope.

Why don't you go along to Broadlands and have a look at a few.
    They shoot tomorrow .I think around midday to 1 ish .
    Phil