Thread: bsf valuation please

bsf valuation please

Any info on this german rifle and, value please.It is in very good shape http://s1025.photobucket.com/user/de...und/slideshow/

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The S70 is the best of the BSF break-barrels. It has a long barrel which makes it less jumpy than the B55. I think the stocks are walnut on some of them, or maybe all of them. You might get £200-£250 for it in .177. All BSFs are quite rare.

The rifle is the first air-rifle which could hit or exceed 12 ft/lbs in .177, there was nothing until the Feinwerkbau Sport came out in the early 1970s to match it in terms of power. They are more agricultural than Weihrauchs but lighter and less ponderous. The huge amount of preload and a powerful spring mean it is quite a difficult rifle to master, but they can be quite accurate after lots of practise.

I cant tell from the photos but if the back sight has windage adjustment its post '74. Value wise, in this condition, I would be willing to pay around the £225/250 mark as suggested.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I cant tell from the photos but if the back sight has windage adjustment its post '74. Value wise, in this condition, I would be willing to pay around the £225/250 mark as suggested.

HTH
    Ian
    Yep has the adjustment on the sight .I thought it may be 1980s . It was owend by old boy, who shot target pistols .The bsf has been stored for many years years im probabley the 1st to shoot it in 30 years

bsf s70

I had one of these in the late 70's. they were an expensive gun at the time. its a very rare gun now and I would say if its in good condition you might get £250 to £300 to the right buyer