Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scope for an Original 52

Red face Scope for an Original 52

I have been granted a FAC from the PSNI and have just bought a second hand Original 52 side loader in really beautiful condition.

Can anyone recommend a scope that won't shake its internals to bits? - there is quite a noticeable shock/recoil when the weapon is fired.

Cheers

JJ

Diana have just released a spring loaded scope mount for just such an occasion, give it a google and see what you think.

Sean
    Slowly morphing into an RWS/Diana/Original fanboy.

Definitely a springer fanboy.

Thanks Sean ..... perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place, I can't find a reference to the mount.

JJ

I've got a Hawke Airmax mounted using Dampamounts on a gas rammed Lightning, 5 or 6 years trouble free service on a pretty jumpy little gun with a reputation for wrecking scopes.

As Oliver says, your best bet is a Dampamount from Sportsmatch. Not cheap but this means that you can mount practically any scope on the gun without fear of it being destroyed.

However a 52 should not be as bad as a 54 in terms of scope damage, but it will still kick some in FAC spec.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by jayjaytee View Post
    Thanks Sean ..... perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place, I can't find a reference to the mount.

JJ

If you go on the Diana web site and search for their scope mounts its the top one, or google "diana bullseye scope mount" you get several links to reveiws etc

Sean
    Slowly morphing into an RWS/Diana/Original fanboy.

Definitely a springer fanboy.

You could get a Leupold (lifetime warranty, even if 2nd hand without box or receipt)... a dampa mount would still be a good idea too

Thank you Gentlemen

Found the Diana link eventually! .... thanks Sean .... but it seems that particular mount is not available until around the summer - and no price as yet. In the meanwhile rather than bankrupt myself on the Leopold (cheers Rickenbacker) I think I'll opt for the Dampamount.

Many thanks once again.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by jayjaytee View Post
    Thank you Gentlemen

Found the Diana link eventually! .... thanks Sean .... but it seems that particular mount is not available until around the summer - and no price as yet. In the meanwhile rather than bankrupt myself on the Leopold (cheers Rickenbacker) I think I'll opt for the Dampamount.

Many thanks once again.

JJ
    The basic models can come up for sale 2nd hand for as little as £120 - £150 for something like an M8 6X42 or a VX 3-9X40.

I don't see them for sale often though, to be fair. I guess people tend to buy one and keep it for ever.

Basic scopes, but light weight, lovely glass, and an utterly huge bright sight picture.

Good luck with whatever you get though

I went with a Dampa mount and one of these :-

http://www.elite3200.com/bushnell-10x40-elite-3200.php

The Elite is supposed to be one of the strongest scopes made --- time will tell.

The only issue with this set up on a 52 is that it sits a bit high due to the Diana scope rail.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I went with a Dampa mount and one of these :-

http://www.elite3200.com/bushnell-10x40-elite-3200.php

The Elite is supposed to be one of the strongest scopes made --- time will tell.

The only issue with this set up on a 52 is that it sits a bit high due to the Diana scope rail.

All the best Mick
    Hi Mick,

Its a shame Sportsmatch don't make a 'Dampa' in medium or low... I guess there's not much can be done about it, except maybe a comb-raiser for the stock?

That 10x40 3200 looks nice Mick. Did you have to reset the PX on it?

Bushnell Elite 3200 4200 6500 all life g'tee no quibble, also Nikko Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Hi Mick,

Its a shame Sportsmatch don't make a 'Dampa' in medium or low... I guess there's not much can be done about it, except maybe a comb-raiser for the stock?

That 10x40 3200 looks nice Mick. Did you have to reset the PX on it?

Hi Phil

The Dampa will hold a none PA 50mm scope on a HW 77 so with a 40mm scope on the raised Diana rail it just starts to look a bit high, I doubt Sportsmatch could make the Dampa lower.

The Elite came out of the sales section on here and had been reparallaxed before I got it at 50 yards, I reset it at 35 yards very easily with no special tools.

All the best Mick

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    You might also like this low one for the 52
    http://www.benaglioattacchi.it/

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    You might also like this low one for the 52
    http://www.benaglioattacchi.it/

I'll wait until other folks have given them a long term test before looking at them Barry

I worry that any small amount of wear between the rails and mount will throw the POI all over the place.

All the best Mick