Thread: new to this site and wondering what gun to upgrade to :)

new to this site and wondering what gun to upgrade to :)

hey people at the moment i have a s400 walnut thumbhole.
    i think its time to upgrade, but i dont know what to any ideas or help?

I think the law of diminishing returns start to set in from here. You have a great rifle. It will probably cost a lot more, to get a little better
    Pick up your gun, shove a bullet up the spout
    It's the Major Dennis Bloodnok Rock'n' Roll Call Tango

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey1 View Post
    hey people at the moment i have a s400 walnut thumbhole.
    i think its time to upgrade, but i dont know what to any ideas or help?
    Have a think about what it is you want from an upgrade? More shots? Regulated? Mulltishot? Different type of stock? shorter? longer? Lighter? heavier? etc.

Otherwise, folks will just tell you what they like

You could always keep the S400 and get a springer as well

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    The rifles a good un mate. S400's are very capable.
    What I would suggest is an upgrade in the football team lol.
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF

Cheers for the reply I'm thinking something in the range of £800 second hand just want a nice silkier smooth gun

What kind of shooting you into like....
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrman View Post
    What kind of shooting you into like....
    Hft

Ripley

The best quality over engineered rifle i ever used was a Ripley XL1
    Unbelievable , you actually need to handle one to appreciate really
    Super slick and smooth , 300bar fill pressure gives loads of shots almost like buddy bottle
    Much better than any mass produced variant
    AR5 are just as nice , get the man Paul Wilson to dress it in lovely piece of sporting Walnut and you never use another rifle agian
    Or for proper out of the box thinking...... BAR have Sports Match GC2 for sale......rare as rockin horse s**t
    Course this is only opinion man , ya cant beat having a touchy feely
    Good luck
    Steve
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrman View Post
    The best quality over engineered rifle i ever used was a Ripley XL1
    Unbelievable , you actually need to handle one to appreciate really
    Super slick and smooth , 300bar fill pressure gives loads of shots almost like buddy bottle
    Much better than any mass produced variant
    AR5 are just as nice , get the man Paul Wilson to dress it in lovely piece of sporting Walnut and you never use another rifle agian
    Or for proper out of the box thinking...... BAR have Sports Match GC2 for sale......rare as rockin horse s**t
    Course this is only opinion man , ya cant beat having a touchy feely
    Good luck
    Steve
    Thank you Steve info much appreciated I will definitely look into the guns u mentioned. I have shot my friends airwolf and I quite liked that but they seem to b quite common

common???

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey1 View Post
    Thank you Steve info much appreciated I will definitely look into the guns u mentioned. I have shot my friends airwolf and I quite liked that but they seem to b quite common
    yes there are quite a few around. Probably because they are so capable. You can chuck a lot of good money at top of the range stuff but you have to realise that most of the shooting is down to you and not your wad.

Quote Originally Posted by 1952paul0 View Post
    yes there are quite a few around. Probably because they are so capable. You can chuck a lot of good money at top of the range stuff but you have to realise that most of the shooting is down to you and not your wad.
    Yeah I defo know that. I get on Alryt with my s400 just want something nicer really

daystate mk4is is a good un,plenty of shots,very accurate.only downside is the price but there is not much about that is better for the money.is a big jump from your aa but then the next lot of rifles will come in around the £1600 mark

Some very good advice has been passed already, I can only really echo what others have said regards your rifle they are cracking guns. I've had an Air Ranger and spend a good amount of time with the Wolf too but I doubt you will find them any more accurate than your S400. Riply's are very nice, but my advice to you is go and handle as many different rifles as you can and see what feels right for YOU, then and only then spend your money. My Falcon FN19 is still the most predictably accurate rifle I own. Only yesterday I was punching 8mm center to center groups at 30yds with it.

What I'm trying to say is if you are planning on selling you current rifle don't do it until your absolutely sure you're happy with the replacement.

Regards. Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by haloutdoors View Post
    Some very good advice has been passed already, I can only really echo what others have said regards your rifle they are cracking guns. I've had an Air Ranger and spend a good amount of time with the Wolf too but I doubt you will find them any more accurate than your S400. Riply's are very nice, but my advice to you is go and handle as many different rifles as you can and see what feels right for YOU, then and only then spend your money. My Falcon FN19 is still the most predictably accurate rifle I own. Only yesterday I was punching 8mm center to center groups at 30yds with it.

What I'm trying to say is if you are planning on selling you current rifle don't do it until your absolutely sure you're happy with the replacement.

Regards. Hal.
    Thanks for all the replies I think I will defo handle a few guns before I make the decision