Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where can I get a Crossman 600?

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Verminpells may not be the only suitable 600 pellet. I usually use Hobbys on the rare occasion I shoot any of mine, but most 'Wadcutters' should perform satisfactorily.
    They do vary.
    Mine performs very nicely with Verminpell and Accupell - a round-nosed variety, and also with Bisley Practice. while Hobbys invariably hang-up after 3 0r 4 shots.
    A previous model 600 that I had cycled Hobbys perfectly.

Moral definitely is find a pellet that works well and stick with it.

Ian

enjoy your 600 simon,you cant go wrong on these.they are tremendous fun and an appreciating asset.as a price guide for any prospective buyers I bought my near pristine early boxed with manual example from the birmingham arms fair for £290 last year.i have been collecting all types of firearms for over 40 years but these pistols take some beating for the big grin factor,they are co2 hungry though .I found the forums sponser did the best deal on 100 capsules,think they worked out about 38p each ..cheers..greasemonkey
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    Thank you Brian - useful stats.

I do hope though that at a certain point you just pulled the trigger as fast as you could purely for the sheer pleasure of firing off as many rounds as possible despite accuracy or the thought of recording useful information.
    Hi Paul,

Although I do occasionally like to use relatively scientific methods to test my air guns, I defy anybody to not use this pistol for its original purpose of sending 10 pellets down range in the quickest possible time.

I remember back in the days before the 1995 breech loading pistol ban, I like many others, owned a Smith & Wesson 686 .357 magnum revolver. Most of the time it was used with very low power, hand loaded target loads, but every so often you couldn't resist firing a cylinder of full power factory loads down range just for the hell of it.

Regards

Brian