Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Arms S410 carbine

Air Arms S410 carbine

Still being quite new to the site I was hoping some of you might be able to shed a little light on whether or not the Air Arms S410 carbine would be a worthy purchase?

Thanks

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by NeroFalco View Post
    Still being quite new to the site I was hoping some of you might be able to shed a little light on whether or not the Air Arms S410 carbine would be a worthy purchase?

Thanks

Rob
    Simple answer Rob is yes it is, also the single shot 400
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

s410

yes m8 it would just bite the bullet u wont regret it

Any of the s400 platform are excellent value for money and amazingly accurate, the carbine has a lower shot count but many buy them for hunting so doesn't really matter. So many people have them that you won't be short on advice, i got a .22 carbine last year and have no regrets what so ever. ATB
    If your not going to eat it, don't shoot it

Wing Commander Sir Nigel Tetlington-Smythe

Yes,
    The AA 4-5** range is a popular & very well trusted range of rifles, they may have a few quirks but nothing that should put you off.

Probably the most common "issue" is that the thin 400-410 barrel can be knocked out of line, but simply undo the barrel band grub screw & let it "spring back" straight, because of that I personally prefer the 510.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    The S410k is a classic.

One of the greatest hunting PCP's of all time IMO.
    Master Debater

I have the S410TDR, and actually wish that I had gone for the carbine with thumbhole stock as I don't really need the take down version, having said that I wouldn't ever sell the TDR, its a keeper. The whole S4** range of rifles are spot on in terms of accuracy and reliability and you shouldn't have any doubts whether they would make a suitable choice of rifle to own. The only thing you should spend extra time considering is the exact model you get, eg, classic/carbine, .177/.22, thumbhole stock/or not, etc etc

peterd8877 is offline Anschutz connoisseur and marksman
    I have the s410 extra fac and would thoroughly recommend Air Arms anytime.

Well, I guess that's kind of made my mind up, it's going to be an S410 then. But like Owillingham just said. Which variant do I go for? I've made my mind up I want the carbine in LH as I'm southpaw. I've always shot .22 in the past, but I've got no idea what .177 performs like. I was told once by the old gun shop owner from our town that it should be .177 for feather and .22 for fur, now as I'll be going for rabbits is that a saying that has any truth to it?

Buy one of the light weight variants as I believe they are ambidextrous.

http://www.solware.co.uk/air-pistol-...t-HUNTER.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by smallman28 View Post
    Buy one of the light weight variants as I believe they are ambidextrous.

http://www.solware.co.uk/air-pistol-...t-HUNTER.shtml
    Cheers for that I've already looked into things, and it comes in a true left handed version (i.e. with the bolt on the left as well) if I go for the walnut stock option. I will be looking into that stainless screw option kit in that link though.

Have you decided to buy new?

Some of the early S410s are very good value for money. Personally I don't like the in-trigger safety button that came in a few years back. Older ones are much easier to service and maintain, too.

I shoot a 2002 model 410 carbine in 22 calibre in competition at national level, 20 yard standing. It's won me some gongs too. I tried a Daystate Airwolf and much as that is a delight to shoot, results with 410 are equally as good at this distance.

Mine runs best at 150 to 160 bar fill and I get 50 consistent shots with 5.51 JSB Exacts.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

sometimes wonder at myself.
    had s200K and s400K. then bunged s500 silencers on.
    cannot fault either. and i was a staunch springer advocate.

angrybear? did you ever try replacing the plastic figure 8 with either a brass one, or the ally one i think someone on here makes.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Have you decided to buy new?

Some of the early S410s are very good value for money. Personally I don't like the in-trigger safety button that came in a few years back. Older ones are much easier to service and maintain, too.

I shoot a 2002 model 410 carbine in 22 calibre in competition at national level, 20 yard standing. It's won me some gongs too. I tried a Daystate Airwolf and much as that is a delight to shoot, results with 410 are equally as good at this distance.

Mine runs best at 150 to 160 bar fill and I get 50 consistent shots with 5.51 JSB Exacts.

Yeah, I've decided to go down the new road. I have considered buying s/h, but I'm only going to get just what I'm looking for if I spec it myself unless I hang around for god knows how long for the right rifle to come my way

Quote Originally Posted by NeroFalco View Post
    Well, I guess that's kind of made my mind up, it's going to be an S410 then. But like Owillingham just said. Which variant do I go for? I've made my mind up I want the carbine in LH as I'm southpaw. I've always shot .22 in the past, but I've got no idea what .177 performs like. I was told once by the old gun shop owner from our town that it should be .177 for feather and .22 for fur, now as I'll be going for rabbits is that a saying that has any truth to it?
    Personally I don't like .177, too small to load & not enough clout

If you shoot over flat, open ground I suppose it can help but if you have cover & tend to shoot 30yds or less I'd go .22.

It's a real shame they don't do a 4** in .20.