Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie pistol Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Owillingham View Post
    Well it arrived today, unfortunately wont get a chance to use it until the weekend. Thanks for all the advice, looks sweet though slightly narrower than I had expected, now wondering whether I should have brought the black star version with the match grip, though I guess I can always buy grips separately. Some fun times ahead, don't think I'll be disappointed.
    The problem with the black star I found is that if you have even medium sized hands, your little finger gets squashed at the bottom of the grip. You definitely went for the right version trust me and you can order any genuine 1911 grips from the US (something I'd do if I ever acquire one) to fit on the gun and give it that instant custom look :P

From experience dont use hobby pellets or any other long skirted pellet, they dont sit flush in the barrel & will trash your seal. I used mine for 10m pistol so only used flat heads, r10s & meisterklugen (sorry if its spelled wrong) but for plinking gecko or excite are not bad. The 45 is a great gun but give yourself time to get used to it & shoot it regularly to keep the dieseling to a minimum. Have fun