Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
Up there with you John.

I try when valuing to give an honest opinion based mainly upon what I have paid for similar examples in recent years and from whom I bought them. I got my "A" from someone on here who has a market stall in Suffolk (you know who you are) and who's opinion I trust entirely - i.e. it is a business to him and he needs to make a profit. I bought mine from him about 5 years ago so I took off what might have been his (reasonable) profit before offering my opinion.

This "A" is a bit of an enigma though and, like you, I think it might attract a premium by virtue of where the "A" is stamped - who knows? I'd start the bidding high and see what the interest is.

However we don't do bidding here so I would suggest £180 as it is an unusual "A".
Hi,

I would certainly agree with the above estimate (£180) as it took quite a long time for me to even find an 'A' series, and I remember paying a bit over £200 for what was admittedly an almost mint example and came with two barrels.

Like John, I believe there seems to be something a bit softer and smoother about the feel of the 'A' series although this is obviously a very subjective thing.

Regards

Brian