Thread: New nikko sterling mount master broken

New nikko sterling mount master broken

Hello chaps,

Had my mount master 3-9x40 for less than three weeks.

Had to replace mounts after they failed three times.

Now just took a normal standing shot, and next minute there is glass rattling around inside the scope.

I look inside and there is two glass lenses just freely bouncing around inside.

Shocked at how appalling this scope is.

Blackpool air rifles sold it to me as part as a combo deal and written £59.95 for it on the receipt. I have seen the same scope online for 23 quid.

I have written a cover letter to Blackpool air rifles asking them either for a full refund of £59.95 or to replace it with the similarly priced Hawke airmax EV 3-9x40 AO.

I will return it to them on tuesday when the post office reopens.I just hope that they replace or refund me straight away as its my only scope and need one for next weekend.

One things for sure I wont have this same model again.

Will let you know how I get on with BAR just hope they don't make things awkward.

Dan.

I'd be surprised if they start being awkward with you. I've never had a problem with them and as far as I know, they are one of the good guys.

One of the guys from BAR used to be on here. Don't know if he still is.
    TX200 Mk3 Pink Calibre, HW99s Blue Calibre
    Huntsman MK1 Pink calibre, AAS200 Pink Calibre

Danny clear your PM box mate .
    Browning 725,Baikal MP 153,CZ452 silhouette

Done mate

How did you get on with BAR Danny ?....its a few weeks since your original post
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

The price quoted would be less of any discount offered as part of the deal and unfortunately the entire combo would have to be returned for a refund. You would be entitled to a replacement of the scope only. I have a Mountmaster on my rimfire which is fine.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Sounds like you got a real duff one happens I suppose. I'm a big fan of Nikko scopes had a few, 5 or 6 mountmasters, 4+ gamekings and a my newest scope a nighteater ft scope

BAR were fantastic, returned my scope to them and they replaced it next day delivery with imo a much better scope. Hawke sport HD 3-9x40 OA.

Thats good news, Ye I have to agree with you there the hawke scope you got are brilliant little things, very clear I had one for awhile wish I kept it