Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suggestions for new gun..

Thumbs up suggestions for new gun..

Hi all I am mid 20's and enjoy shooting I go out lamping regular with a few mates and I useually use my shot gun or rifle but I am looking to get myself a good pcp to go lamping. One of my mates have a 410 carbine, I have been looking at the r10's and at the moment I am torn between the two. So if anybody could help me I am open to haveing any gun. Any suggestions thanks....

Tough choice that.... I like both of those rifles

Sorry I cant be more help than that, but you know what I think bud

I can see the point in a Carbine, How about the HW, in karbine obviously ,
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Hi am new to shooting but I bought bsa r10 bull barrel last week stunning gun smooth action and useing rsw superdomes hits pellet on pellet at 30yards very accurate. I did have to get it sent back to bsa because its power was down at 10ftlbs annoying so check it before you buy. And r10 has regulator so ever shot is same power out put the s410 doesn't have a regulator. Hope this helps oh and r10 shoots more pellets per fil.

S410 every time mate or as suggested a HW100, I personally find BSA's a bit fragile !

A second hand HW will cost you the price of a new S410 though !

A 410 will do everything you require.....is well made and very reliable, the r10 is a bit of a lottery you either get a good one or one with endless woes.....welcome to the forum matey
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

The S410 will do everything you need at a good price although personally I prefer the 510.
    Or if you want a buddy bottle rifle have a look at the Daystate Air Wolf/ Ranger or some of the FX rifles.
    If you lamp from a truck the FX Verminator is a great tool.
    ATB. Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    A 410 will do everything you require.....is well made and very reliable, the r10 is a bit of a lottery you either get a good one or one with endless woes.....welcome to the forum matey
    Air Arms are not immune to quality control issues. My one had a massive air leak from beneath the breach from new.

muzzie is offline Wants something a little...special

Cool

Hi and welcome.
    Have play around with as many rifles as you can and then decide. But if you have set your heart on a R10 just check out a few threads on here, not all R10 s are problematic but it seems to have more than its fair share of problems. I was looking for one and tried a few, and liked it, but in the end I opted for a HW 100, at the end of the day, it's your money, and you have to live with it, so go with your heart, and let your head tell you otherwise ....

Muzzie

Quote Originally Posted by vobster View Post
    Air Arms are not immune to quality control issues. My one had a massive air leak from beneath the breach from new.
    True, but the 10 or so AA PCP,s I have owned over the years have never gave me any trouble. Read up a bit on the R10...its had a fare few problems...more than most.

Thumbs up thanks for the input

Ok thanks for the input. I will have a look at the hw and see if I can get a few diffrent guns to try out.

:confused:

Ok well thank you all for your posts. Surely the r10 cant be that bad if they are still selling them. But I am still leaning towards the r10 even with the bad reviews
    but on the other hand there are some brilliant reviews for the r10. Hummmmmmmmm........

For what you're using it for, I'd personally go for the 410 over the Weihrauch mainly due to the weight factor. The 410 is a lot lighter and much easier for a night's lamping when stocked on the shoulder. The HW100, while great may not be so suitable.

ok may have found another competitor

Ok so I have ruled out the r10 so I am now looking at the rws 500. Any ideas on the gun??? Thanks again for all the help..

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzla View Post
    Ok well thank you all for your posts. Surely the r10 cant be that bad if they are still selling them. But I am still leaning towards the r10 even with the bad reviews
    but on the other hand there are some brilliant reviews for the r10. Hummmmmmmmm........
    Its your money pal