Thread: Airsporter "S" MK1 1979-1983 Valuation to sell please

Airsporter "S" MK1 1979-1983 Valuation to sell please

We had dinner at the in laws last night, my farther in law has just had a hip replacement and at the age of 71 has decided to sell a couple of his guns. One is a BSA Airsporter, serial number GM36219 which, according to John Knibbs, makes it an "S" MK1 in .22. Its in lovely condition, not mint but very very good. It was serviced by a local gunsmith about 3 years ago and has not been fired since. Would some one give me an indication on a possible sell value? Should anyone like a couple of pictures please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Sakerman; 21-04-2014 at 08:10 AM.
    JD 10/05/09
    DD 21/07/22

Talking

Hi Sakerman

The very first gun in THIS PIC is an S I paid £130 for it around three years ago

I think I was a bit lucky as it had just been serviced and a new rearsight fitted, it came with all the paperwork

Your father in laws should be worth more than I paid and at a guess , if it's in excellent condition i'd say £170/£180..

If i'm wrong (and usually am!!) someone will say so

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I doubt you are often wrong about airguns guitars or tiny trees John.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I doubt you are often wrong about airguns guitars or tiny trees John.
    Or watches

For no good reason they do't hold a high premium. £130-140 for a well used one and a tad under £200 for a really nice little used one. Mint in box maybe a premium to £250. They should make more as they are getting harder to find in good condition and are a true Classic of their day. They also are fitted out with a few extras well worth having over standard models. They point and shoot nicely too.
    For a farmyard range rifle they are plenty good but the German stuff is considered better. "S"'s are getting rarer though a good number were made. .177's make a premium over .22's though in the farmyard .22's are just as useful.

Same problem as with the Webley Vulcan Deluxe. The opinion being that they aren't worth the same as HW's or a FWB Sport as the German stuff are better made and shoot better too. But the German stuff is as common as muck, and performance wise within the farmyard their isn't much in it. PCP's beat them all. My thoughts are its time BSA's and Webleys in superb condition started getting price wise closer to the common german stuff. Some of it is getting rare.

Thanks for the replies all. The one I have does not have any chequering on the fore stock but does have both front and rear sights. So if we were to put an asking price of £150 we would be in the ball park?

John, did you get my pictures of the webley?

Simon
    Last edited by Sakerman; 21-04-2014 at 11:50 AM.
    JD 10/05/09
    DD 21/07/22

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Sakerman View Post
    Thanks for the replies all. The one I have does not have any chequering on the fore stock but does have both front and rear sights. So if we were to put an asking price of £150 we would be in the ball park?

Simon

I did get the pics, Did I not reply to you??

I sometimes write replies and then forget to 'send' them

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Sakerman View Post

Simon
    Hiya mate, Does it have Metal sights front & Rear ?

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Hiya mate, Does it have Metal sights front & Rear ?
    Yes, I've just put up a for sale thread for it.
    JD 10/05/09
    DD 21/07/22

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Please see my post in your sales thread.

Airsporterman
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.