Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: BSA Airsporter "S" MK1 .22 serial No GM36219 1979-1983

Withdrawn: BSA Airsporter

Having taken advice here I would like to offer up for sale said Airsporter. I would like £150.00 for collection from Southend or you can arrange your own carrier to collect. I can box it up ready for collection from my work place.
    If you would like anymore information or photos, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sakerman; 22-04-2014 at 05:23 AM.
    JD 10/05/09
    DD 21/07/22

Thumbs up Airsporter S.

Interested pm.

Awaiting photos mate.
    Thanks.
    fozzy

All pictures sent
    JD 10/05/09
    DD 21/07/22

A few pics added
    JD 10/05/09
    DD 21/07/22

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Hi Mate, I am not an expert but are you sure the serial No is GM and not GN, the pictures you show look more like a GN (Mk7 type) to me with a walnut stained Beech stock. (may be wrong as my eyesight isn't what it was)
    If it was an 'S', it would have a walnut stock.
    If it is a Mk 7 - I would still say it was a good buy for the price you are asking and the condition seen in the pics, however, if it is an 'S', it's a very good price!
    (John Baz may be able to identify from the pictures)
    Just trying to help!

Airsporterman
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    Hi Mate, I am not an expert but are you sure the serial No is GM and not GN, the pictures you show look more like a GN (Mk7 type) to me with a walnut stained Beech stock. (may be wrong as my eyesight isn't what it was)
    If it was an 'S', it would have a walnut stock.
    If it is a Mk 7 - I would still say it was a good buy for the price you are asking and the condition seen in the pics, however, if it is an 'S', it's a very good price!
    (John Baz may be able to identify from the pictures)
    Just trying to help!

Airsporterman

Yes ASM, It's definitely different to my S with the GM prefix, i'd go along with you thinking it's a Mk7..

Chippendale was I believe looking for a mk7 recently too

This is an 'S' (the top one)..

BQjyiFe.jpg

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

The S was usually stamped on the top of the cylinder and should say 'Airsporter S'. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by DEAN C.; 22-04-2014 at 06:08 AM.
    BASC

As this is clearly not a MK 1 Airsporter S (I have a MK1 S), and this advert now needs revising, I'm just going to move this lot to collectables for now while the OP decides what to do.

All the best Mick

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their help in identifying this gun and secondly apologize for my mistake, the serial number on the gun certainly looks like "GM" to me. I shall have to borrow a magnifying glass to recheck.

I will put the sale on hold until I can confirm it.

Thanks again.
    JD 10/05/09
    DD 21/07/22

Quote Originally Posted by Sakerman View Post
    Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their help in identifying this gun and secondly apologize for my mistake, the serial number on the gun certainly looks like "GM" to me. I shall have to borrow a magnifying glass to recheck.

I will put the sale on hold until I can confirm it.

Thanks again.

When you've positively identified what you have there Sakerman just start a new sales thread advertising it and I'll do whatever you want me to with this one.

All the best Mick

I am pretty sure that the S versions of both the Airsporter and the Mercury used thicker barrels than the normal BSA size. I always regret getting rid of mine it had a lovely tigerstripe walnut stock and best of all it shot well

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    I am pretty sure that the S versions of both the Airsporter and the Mercury used thicker barrels than the normal BSA size. I always regret getting rid of mine it had a lovely tigerstripe walnut stock and best of all it shot well
    You're not wrong James

The S versions had 16mm diameter barrels --- as others have said Sakermans Airsporter looks like a nice tidy MK7 to me.

All the best Mick

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Thank's John and guys for helping to clear that up, also to Mick for your prompt action.
    I wasn't sure what to do but I didn't want someone buying something different to what they thought they were buying and being dissapointed or upset about it.

If it was an 'S' it would be worth slightly more than a Mk7 but it's difficult to value these things in the present climate.

It's a common problem with Airsporter serials - people oftem mis read G1006*** for GI 006*** for example - the first is actually a Mk1, whereas the second is a Mk4, usually worth less. I see this all the time!
    Still, the Mk7 is a nice example of the Airsporter and the one in the pictures is still a good buy at the price being asked. (IMHO)
    Good luck with your sale when you have the issue sorted!

Airsporterman
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

I'm no BSA expert but here is my late "S" (all the improvements from the Centenary, just not the stock) :

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...IMG_3962_2.jpg

The rifle for sale at £150 isn't exactly robbing anyone and pretty great value for money... like a whole host of older guns that really are for the fun factor cheap as chips.
    Good luck with the sale.