Thread: Webley Premier valuation

Rayee is offline I don't need a gun; I've got an attack butterfly.

Webley Premier valuation

if you'd be so kind
    .22, Brown grips, B in front of grips, F under trigger guard, no serial on front flat edge - also no bluing on front flat edge - which may be relevant when you see the pic of the numbers under the left grip!
    oh dear it appears I can't just add a pic...I'll host it then put the link here soon.
    Toilet trained since March

Hi,

A bit of a toughie this one. The fact the Batch number has been removed affects the pistol aesthetically and casts a question mark as to why this was done. Personally if I was offered this pistol, I would leave it well alone, so nil value to me as a collector's item. I don't usually advocate parting a gun out but in this case, stripping it and selling the parts separately may be the most appropriate option.

Sorry I can't provide a more positive reply.

John

Premier

Someone may want to buy it to do up as a shooter. If the grips are undamaged, I would say around £45, but as John says, the parts are worth more than the whole.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Hello,

Unfortunately, I would have to agree that in this case the sum of the parts would probably be worth more than the whole.

I would estimate it complete at £40-£50 and maybe £60-£70 if you can be bothered to break and sell it as spares

Regards

Brian

If you do break it I would like first dibs on the grips - been after a right hand one for ages.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Good advice given in posts 3, 4 & 5.

yes, brilliant advice. I'm so curious as to why the numbers are off!
    I think a mate of mine will be happy with it, regardless of butchery.
    Thanks to everyone who took the time.
    Toilet trained since March

Premier

One possible reason for the number being removed is that damage has been done to the slot at the front of the pistol. The spring guide/front end is sometimes very hard to remove, and if a big bad-fitting screwdriver has been used, it can seriously damage the edges of the slot. The front of the pistol may then have been filed down to remove this damage.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    One possible reason for the number being removed is that damage has been done to the slot at the front of the pistol. The spring guide/front end is sometimes very hard to remove, and if a big bad-fitting screwdriver has been used, it can seriously damage the edges of the slot. The front of the pistol may then have been filed down to remove this damage.
    Actually webman, as you use the barrel to unscrew the end, (well I always have and that is what is recommended), damage is really rare. The more probable explanation is that it was built from odd bits, as the batch number stamped on the frame is repeated on the front (the spring guide) it was probably machined off as not being the same.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .