Thread: Bp licence question

Bp licence question

Filling in the form for the above and unsure about a question
    It asks police licensed store limited to...kgs
    Police registered stores limited to ...kgs
    My local police authority is west yorkshire

I can't remember a question like that on my form, but here's my twopennorth worth.

I have a police approved storage box with six compartments. My powder is stored in 1lb tubs. So I would fill the form in to reflect that amount.
    Robin

Ring you FAO, he will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hares Ear View Post
    I can't remember a question like that on my form, but here's my twopennorth worth.
    You are way ahead of me there, pal, I don't even understand the question. IS there a question?

tac

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Police Licensed Storage on domestic premises = up to (IIRC) 15kg combined nitro + BP + BP substitute, provided that you have appropriate HSE complaint storage. This is far more than you are ever likely to need. The commercial storage boxes usually have 6 compartments, each to hold up to 1lb/500g, so 6lb/3kg will be fine for most.

Above 15kg combined you need a registered storage facility - this can be your home again subject to appropriate storage arrangements.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Spoke to them and it's mostly for clubs as they limit us to 6 lb etc
    These are new forms now

up to 6lbs?

This is from the South Wales Police explosive license app:-

Storing larger quantities of Explosives
    You can store one or more of the following without a license or registration:

Up to 15kg of:
    Shooters’ powder (which is black powder, smokeless powder or any other substance or preparation based on potassium nitrate or nitro cellulose, used as a propellant)
    Combination of shooters’ powder and any one or more explosives listed in Schedule 1 of COER
    Up to 15kg of percussion caps or small arms ammunition (or a mixture of them).
    Larger quantities need to be kept in a registered or licensed store. Permission must be granted by police under the Manufacture and Storage of Explosives Regulations 2005 (MSER).

I made my BP box with six compartments to hold six 1lb henry krank bottles of BP as I have never needed more than three or four pounds at any one time. I certainly had no arbitary 6lb limit imposed!
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    This is from the South Wales Police explosive license app:-

Storing larger quantities of Explosives
    You can store one or more of the following without a license or registration:

Up to 15kg of:
    Shooters’ powder (which is black powder, smokeless powder or any other substance or preparation based on potassium nitrate or nitro cellulose, used as a propellant)
    Combination of shooters’ powder and any one or more explosives listed in Schedule 1 of COER
    Up to 15kg of percussion caps or small arms ammunition (or a mixture of them).
    Larger quantities need to be kept in a registered or licensed store. Permission must be granted by police under the Manufacture and Storage of Explosives Regulations 2005 (MSER).

I made my BP box with six compartments to hold six 1lb henry krank bottles of BP as I have never needed more than three or four pounds at any one time. I certainly had no arbitary 6lb limit imposed!
    Interesting- that almost reads like ammunition is a 15kg allowance on top of the 15kg powder allowance?