Thread: Webley Service MK 2

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent

Webley Service MK 2

Well my neighbour is a real surprise, today he has shown me the above rifle, which even to my inexperienced eyes appeared to be in amazing condition ! Can anyone date it for us ?

http://s618.photobucket.com/user/bad...rvice%20MK%202

Also ideas on value please in case he wishes to sell this at some point.

I shall try it out tomorrow 10 shots at 10 metres, and chrony it.

Thanks as always

Steve
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

Hi Steve,

A late 3rd Series model from approx 1938 judging from the 8K serial number. Lovely rifles IMHO. As to value, £400 - £450 judging from the pics and working on the assumption the barrel has the same serial number as the rifle.

Kind regards,

John

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent
    Thanks John - Tim did confirm to me that it is not a made up model and all parts are original except one pin he had to replace. I thought the wood was particularly nice.

I think he has now shown me all of his airgun stash... he also had a nice little Tell pistol with him, the trajectory of the .177 pellet was loopier than a .25 !
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Steve,

A late 3rd Series model from approx 1938 judging from the 8K serial number. Lovely rifles IMHO. As to value, £400 - £450 judging from the pics and working on the assumption the barrel has the same serial number as the rifle.

Kind regards,

John
    I agree with the above value more towards the top end as it looks to have most of the original bluing on it, and the stock is in very nice condition.