Thread: Walther LGR Match for sale

Walther LGR Match for sale

Walther LGR Match
    Serial Nr: 22963
    Dates from approx 1980
    This is a LGR Match with factory right handed walnut stock. The butt plate is also adjustable for height and can be raised or lowered up to 30 mm (1.18 in). A metal sling attachment rail is integrated in the underside of the front of the stock. Stock is unaltered with a couple of very minor marks. Factory stippling has not been altered or stained
    Standard factory front and rear diopter sights.
    The two-stage trigger mechanism displays an adjustable trigger pull weight of 100 to 250 g (3.53 to 8.82 oz), trigger slack and let off point and can be adjusted for length and pitch.
    Bluing is in excellent original condition with no dings or scratches.
    Seals replaced about 6 months ago and the rifle produces good power ( 566fps) with 8.2grn match pellets equating to 5.83ftlbs which is perfect for a LGR
    A great classic 10m match rifle

£430 posted PF48 in UK **SOLD**

Last edited by Mark D; 09-01-2016 at 09:31 PM.

LGR seals

Hi,
    did you have the piston seal changed on the LGR as well?
    If so, can I ask who did the work ?
    I've had no luck trying to fit a new one myself (orange coloured aftermarket piston seal is just too hard & cracks before it can be fully inserted into the recessed ring which secures it to the piston). After ruining two new seals & turning the air blue whilst doing it, I've had to reluctantly admit defeat & am looking for someone in the UK who has done it before & can perform this minor miracle!
    I've replaced every seal on my LGR except this, the most important one!
    Appreciate any help/advice you can offer.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick61 View Post
    Hi,
    did you have the piston seal changed on the LGR as well?
    If so, can I ask who did the work ?
    I've had no luck trying to fit a new one myself (orange coloured aftermarket piston seal is just too hard & cracks before it can be fully inserted into the recessed ring which secures it to the piston). After ruining two new seals & turning the air blue whilst doing it, I've had to reluctantly admit defeat & am looking for someone in the UK who has done it before & can perform this minor miracle!
    I've replaced every seal on my LGR except this, the most important one!
    Appreciate any help/advice you can offer.
    Thanks.

I've been through the same as you with the oversize aftermarket seal. Rubbish.

I went back to walther through ruag and got original seals that work fine. Not cheap though, or quick.

Try Protek Supplies 01243 827500 on the south coast, they have some original Walther spares for the LGR.