Thread: Fwb 300 thumbhole stock running boar

Fwb 300 thumbhole stock running boar

Got one of these collecting dust. Its v good condition, i was thinking of selling at 650 given rarity. Anyone know better? Never seen another. Although there is currently one on gunstar but it seems over the top. I have lost track with the sale process these days so would rather do a face to face I will try and get some pics up tomm but for now would welcome valuation confirmation if thats not too cheeky?
    Last edited by balmforthg; 23-04-2014 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Mistake in pricing

I bought a LH / ambi one from BAR about 8 years ago for £200 ish I think it was, I can't remember if it was a thumbhole or not.

I do know it was lovely, even without the match trigger of the regular 300's
    I play a Fender bass, I shoot a springer. I like things to be, well, dependable

I would say that dependent on condition, if vvgc, it should be worth £450.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

There was one for sale on here in January priced at 460 pounds and it was in very good condition indeed,but I think it failed to sell.That one did not have a thumbhole stock though.

ATB,

I was offered a really nice one as a swap for a 300SU last year but it had no scope and so I kept the SU instead.

300SU seem to be selling at quite high prices currently so maybe the prices are getting closer to each other as the SU is still a very popular match rifle but running boar shooting is not done much any more so it would mainly interest the collectors.

If it was priced to sell maybe £425 would be closer.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I've only ever seen one in the Flesh - stumbled on it in an obscure tiny gunshop near Wolverhampton best part of 15 or 20 years ago - mint, was marked up at under £300 in an era when a new FWB 600 was circa £600.

As I understand it, the stock configuration disqualifies it from competition use outside Running Target, so high end piece as they are the market was limited - hence they are very rare.

Conventional 300S still get used as entry guns, by the Bell Target brigade and by collectors, admiring the phenomenal engineering quality - I'd suspect the configuration issues restrict them to the few followers of RT and collectors for novelty.

Despite the £400 + asked for 300S's on Gunwotsit and other sale sites - there are a lot that change hands for much less within gun clubs - as they all generally last a life time and had a production run of over 25 years. Certainly on the continent 250 euros gets you a 300S to the same standard as those that sit for weeks unsold on that website at £400 or more.

I noted the one you mentioned for sale, and thought the price was way OTT, as a mark up on the prices people list more common models on there at, its probably not out of sync - as it is the rarest model - but the base prices people try for its sisters over there is, in my opinion, typically double what they fetch in the real world.

I think 400 - 500 would be my range, but as they do only come up every blue moon, if you get two collectors after it at the same time, you may get a lucky price.

General consensus on the 300S is it is one of the guns you must own, superb in every respect, were they made today, unaffordable to all bar football club owners, and under valued second hand.
    Want List :
    HW55T - Found and I am now in love
    Pictures :

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    There was one for sale on here in January priced at 460 pounds and it was in very good condition indeed,but I think it failed to sell.That one did not have a thumbhole stock though.

ATB,
    That was mine, I came to my senses and decided to keep it.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

I note the one of Gunst4r has dropped over the past month from an initial £800, down to £595 and is still currently unsold.
    Want List :
    HW55T - Found and I am now in love
    Pictures :